How to Delete a Photo?Support

1. teancum144

teancum144 Member

I got my Galaxy Nexus today - yea! Probably a simple question, but I can't figure out how to delete a photo in the gallery. The photo in question is in the "Instant Upload" category. I've tried everything I can think of. Thoughts?

Advertisement
    :
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Long press the said folder or picture then choose the 3 dots in top right corner. : )
  3. teancum144

teancum144 Member

I tried both. When I long press the "Instant Upload" folder and then select the three dots, the only option is "Details". When I press that, there is no option to delete.

After going into the folder, when I long press the photo and then the three dots, my choices are "Edit", "Crop", "Set picture as", and "Details". None of those options provide a delete option.

If I expand the picture and select the three dots, my choices are "Slideshow", "Edit", "Crop", "Details", and "Set picture as". Again, none of those options provide a delete option.

Thoughts?
  4. teancum144

teancum144 Member

I realized that I have Google+ instant upload enabled. Instant Upload uploads photos and videos from your Android device to a private album on Google+ without having to plug in any cables. These photos are automatically synced between your phone an G+. Great idea! However, the only way I know of to delete them is to go into G+, go to photos (selected from the black bar at the top), go to "Photos from your phone", select the photos and delete them in G+. I don't know a way to delete them from the phone itself.
    asres likes this.
  5. vanack

vanack Well-Known Member

How do I delete the instant upload photo from my gallery.
    When selecting the picture it does not give the delete icon like the other photos in the picture albums.
    thanks
  6. kl68

kl68 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem when I was looking to delete pictures from the "instant upload" folder. Kind of a pain to have to login to G+ on my desktop just to delete the photos, but at least there's a workaround, thanks for the tip.

sbaker809 likes this.
  7. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Merged threads together.
  8. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

I'm having the same problem. Went to google+ and delete photos. Then I checked the gallery app on the phone and they are still there. Long pressing does nothing. And there is no delete option anywhere to be found.
  9. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Downloaded Astro File Manager and deleted anything Picasa. Went back to the Gallery app and the pics were gone. Completely ridiculous just to get rid of some pictures.
  10. asres

asres Active Member

In addition, when you log on to Google+ on your phone, make sure that you choose not to enable the Instant Upload. That way all pictures you take can be deleted right away from your phone. The Instant Upload works so that your pics will be auto uploaded into your google+ account and at the same time stored in your phone.
  11. secretsquirrel

secretsquirrel Well-Known Member

Creepy as hell... and I don't know where to find Picasso stuff to delete it?

My problem DOES seem picasso related, as both pics I'm trying to remove have the picasso logo on them.

SS
  12. JeTex

JeTex New Member

How To Clear Google Photos From Your Gallery

If you choose to stop syncing Gmail, you can