• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to delete all calendars

lotus49

Android Expert
May 9, 2011
Yorkshire
Thanks to the unholy mess that is desktop integration with the SGS2 (and possibly with all Android phones for all I know), my calendar is a complete dog's breakfast with multiple entries, multiple spurious calendars etc.

The calendar on my Mac is fine so I would like to delete all my calendars and everything in them so I can re-sync.

Going to Settings->Applications->Manage applications->Calendar and tapping on Clear data appears to have done nothing. I read elsewhere that I should manually delete com.android.providers.calendar but I cannot find it and the only file manager I have that does real search (File Expert) keeps FCing on me.

Can anyone help please?

[Edit]
On further investigation, it appears that com.android.providers.calendar is the application itself, so deleting this probably isn't a good idea. Some (Android, not specifically SGS2) users appear to have a Calendar Storage application, the data for which can be cleared, but I am not one of those as far as I can tell.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones