How to delete all Contacts from Desire in one fell swoop

Last Updated:

1. pacman10

pacman10 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just bought a Desire and synced my Contacts with Outlook but result is not to my satisfaction. I want to start over again.

How do I get rid of all my Contacts (they seem to be called People in Desire-speak) in one fell swoop. I know that I can go into the list and select contacts to delete but there are over 1500 contacts there and I'm not going to spend the next 2 weeks deleting them one by one. There must be some way to select them all and then delete them.

Oh, and I don't want to do a hard reset and spend the next few hours re-entering my other data.

Advertisement
  2. deek0

deek0 Active Member

Just make sure you turn the auto sync of first. Otherwise when you delete these from the phone the action will be mirrored at the sync (exchange google etc) Menu>settings>accounts and sync

Then in people Menu>delete (press menu again) select all>delete

3. pacman10

pacman10 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks very much for this. Curiously, I had switched Off auto-sync when first setting up the machine but when I followed your advice I discovered that auto-sync was On again.

It's now deleting all the People (sounds like a mad person perpetrating an atrocity).

Now I'm going to create a subset of Desire-syncable Contacts on my Outlook so that only non-sensitive data gets onto the Desire and thence to the Cloud.