1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

How to delete calendar events?

Last Updated:

1. Jokjaer

Jokjaer Member

I tried googling it as well as searching in here, but none seems to have asked this question, but unfortunately did not find anything useful.

How do I manually delete events in the calendar on my HTC Hero?

Advertisement
  2. theil01

theil01 Member

Open the event you want to delete > Press the Menu key > Press delete.
  3. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Tap and hold the event and you get to choose between "View", "Edit", "Delete" or "New"
  4. Jokjaer

Jokjaer Member

Thanks a lot both. This is my first touch pad phone, so I really have to get used to the principles of command... Anyway looking forward to being part of this forum :)
  5. danijelsh

danijelsh Active Member

ok, this is the right question, but i have the same problem under different circumstances.
    i updated my hero to the latest rom, and prior to that, i backed up my data using "my backup" app. when the update was finished, all of my calendar entries that were restored cannot be deleted now. when i view an event in calendar app, i cannot click menu (nothing happens) and hence i cannot delete an event. in the event itself, i have the possibility to select "yes,no,maybe" under "my calendar", but i have no idea what is this for... i have 4-5 events that i want to delete, but i can't. any advice for solving this?
  6. danijelsh

danijelsh Active Member

ok, this is the right question, but i have the same problem under different circumstances.
    i updated my hero to the latest rom, and prior to that, i backed up my data using "my backup" app. when the update was finished, all of my calendar entries that were restored cannot be deleted now. when i view an event in calendar app, i cannot click menu (nothing happens) and hence i cannot delete an event. in the event itself, i have the possibility to select "yes,no,maybe" under "my calendar", but i have no idea what is this for... i have 4-5 events that i want to delete, but i can't. any advice for solving this?
  7. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Click on the event, in moth view, gives you the day view, select the event, you det event details, hit menu, you should get edit or delete..
  8. danijelsh

danijelsh Active Member

well, that IS the problem, with those restored events, menu button does not respond. when i create a new event now, menu button responds, and i have those options. so, new events - menu works fine, i can delete; old events - menu button doesn't work - no delete or edit options.
  9. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Have you deleted them on your calendar on your gmail account and re synced??
  10. danijelsh

danijelsh Active Member

i don't sync calendar with google. that option was always turned off, and i turned it off now, the first thing when i updated the ROM version, and before restoring old data.

EDIT: but, now you gave me an idea. i'll try to sync, and delete from google. and sync again to see if it changes.
  11. danijelsh

danijelsh Active Member

ok, this is where we're at: the sync with gmail doesn't work, and this is why - in calendar view, when i press menu button, and go to "calendars", i have the option to select "my calendar, my_username@gmail.com, outlook calendar". that's like some sort of a view filter. the events that i want to delete are not under gmail calendar, but under my calendar, and that's why it won't sync with google. when i untick "my calendar", these event's are hidden, but the question of deleting them still remains.
  12. danijelsh

danijelsh Active Member

since i haven't found a solution, i manually wrote the info from those 4-5 events, went to manage applications, and cleared the calendar and calendar storage. i have an empty calendar now, and new events work fine now. if someone has the same problem, but with 100 or so events - god help you! :D

not to start a new thread, is there a way to delete multiple events at once?
  13. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Sync with Gmail its not an issue then, easier to manage.