1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

How to delete number in searchSupport

1. garyzyip

garyzyip New Member

So I texted someone that I'm not suppose to as per my GF. So I go into message and delete the log. But the number still shows when I dail a number. For example if I type in the keypad 60455 the whole number would show up 6045557777. I need to get rid any trace of the number. Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Lol i feel your pain man :)
    Ive read a question like this before n cant remember if there was an answer.
    maybe Clear Data in the Messages app.. i duno if that would delete any txts u wana keep though.
    Good luck... (not just with the phone) lol :beer::thumbup:
  3. garyzyip

garyzyip New Member

>< Didn't work..but thanks for trying. I just got the S3, came from a S and I don't think the S did that.
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Sounds like you only deleted the messages or call log and didnt actually delete them from your contacts
  5. garyzyip

garyzyip New Member

The number was never in my contact list. I only text it by typing in the number each time :p.
  6. funkylogik

maybe try clearing data in the dialer app? I duno what the messaging app uses for data like that
  7. garyzyip

garyzyip New Member

Good idea but didn't work.
    funkylogik likes this.
  8. funkylogik

Hmm. It must be stored somewhere.. good luck mate. Hope someone knows the answer :thumbup:
  9. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Try clearing your keyboard data
    iPredator, funkylogik and Rxpert83 like this.
  10. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

If clearing the keyboard doesn't work, try clearing google search. I believe Unified Search looks at contacts.
    funkylogik likes this.