how to determine if my unit is new or old

Last Updated:

1. v4705

v4705 Member This Topic's Starter

i went back to the store to do a refund (LOVE the vibrant but honestly cannot handle with all my freezing, slowlyness, black screens, etc... anymore).
    the guy there told me there is no better phone for me and he can refund me but don't think it's a good decision for me (i know the guy so i don't think about salesman-customer bulls**ts) and here on some thread i read that after getting a new device some of the problem users had, have been gone.

so i think the best way for me to make this decision is to make sure the new unit the store can give me is really newer than mine and not the same.

how can i do that?

many many thanks!

Advertisement
  2. heybk

heybk Well-Known Member

if you mean new as in manufacture date, it should say on the box
    if you mean new as in not-refurbed, then idk lol

3. v4705

manufacture date, i dont have my old device's box.

4. krichek

krichek Well-Known Member

Yep, date is on the box. If they give you an entirely new box or you seem them open a box and remove the phone then it's a new unit. Refurbs don't come with anything at all, including an sdcard.

5. v4705

thanks for the answers but i know the device is nib and not ref, but because i return my old vibrant for hardware/software/whatever issues, i don't want to get nib device from the same manufacture date.
    i don't have my old device's box so i can't compare the date on the boxes, theres any other way to see the dates from the device itself? (like some "code" that i type in the dialer)?

thanks.

6. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Yes, if you go and register the phone at Samsung's Website you will be able to access that information. ;)

7. v4705

i cant believe they will let me to register both of the devices (mine and the stores) at the website, while im in the store, just to check the manufacture date.
    i'm sure there is some code that show this information (or some why to get the information from the imei/other serial/number that i can get).

8. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

You don't have to register the old one in your name or if you do, so what? The store won't check Samsung's reg info. No one says you have to reg it in your name.

9. v4705

nevermind, thats not possible to do in the store when im not own the new device.
    there is any other way to make sure i get a newer (like made in a later date) device?