How to dial numbers starting with 000

1. iluvparixit

iluvparixit New Member

I live in India and when I have to use my corporate AT&T calling card, I need to first call a number 000117. But as soon as i press 1 after the three 0s, the phone truncates the number to 001. It allows to enter numbers 0002 or 0003 or so on but only truncates when the three 0s are followed by a 1. I guess it assumes that I am trying to dial a US number, which is not the case. I tried hard but could not find an option to turn off this annoying feature. I even tried to create a contact first with phone number 000117 but the truncation happens there too. Does anyone have a clue of how to get rid of this mess?

I am running Android ICS on an Intel Xolo X900 device.

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Have you tried it already with inserting a dial break character?

Harry
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Both of my ICS Android phones do it as well, dialling any number starting with 0001xx, they get truncated to 001xx. And these are Chinese phones bought in China, NOT the United States. So there is an issue here. Try storing the code as a contact, but use "000-117", note the hyphen "-", that should work.
  4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Interesting. It seems to dial the correct number on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus (it shows the number dialed as 000117) but obviously it doesn't actually connect. Might have something to do with what phone you have, or maybe its because I have Jelly Bean. Who knows.