how to disable 4GSupport

1. vonedaddy

vonedaddy Well-Known Member

I have a friend who has shut off his 4g on the Galaxy Nexus and said his battery life has doubled.

I was wondering is there a way for me to turn off 4G on my Samsung Galaxy S2 ??

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. rymanh

rymanh Well-Known Member

go to settings>wireless and network>mobile networks the un-check (use packet data)
  3. vonedaddy

vonedaddy Well-Known Member

Will that leave me with 2G or 3G??
  4. rymanh

rymanh Well-Known Member

the method i said will totally disable network data connections.. i think if you change the network mode it will disable 4g but still leave you with a connection.

in the same sub-menu select change network mode and select GSM I'm not sure if that's 2g 0r 3g
  5. timelord65

timelord65 Well-Known Member

I don't think you can "turn off" 4g. 4g is simply the fastest data speed, if you can't get 4g speed, you get 3g or 2g, and so on. But Data is data. You can have data or turn it off, that's all.
  6. Scucas

Scucas New Member

In settings, mobile network, network mode it should say which network it is using. I have the galaxy note which is not 4G compatible, but it says: GSM/WCDMA which is (3G). 4G is a completely different technology and it does have an effect on your battery, if you select the option that is 3G it will use that for mobile internet functions. If you turn off packet data it'll turn this part off whatever it is set to but you will still get phone calls and messages.

Hope this helps!
  7. gary93

gary93 Well-Known Member

It'll be nice if I could do so. When I am in an area that I knew it doesn't have 4g but 3g, having the ability to turn 4g off but keep 3g on might as well save some juice.