• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to disable auto updates

If you root your phone, you can go into the system / apps folder inside your phones operating system with an application called ES File Explorer available in the Google Play Store. The System / Apps Folder has all your pre-installed system apps in that operating system. You will have no access to that folder without administrator rights (ROOT)... If someone was smart enough, they would just create an app in the Google Playstore that automatically blocks updates and notifications in any android phone (using a temp root method). I better get credit for the idea lol. I don't remember right now what the apps you need to delete as I don't have that phone in my shop right now. Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones