How to Disable email sync?

1. jasonmckinley

jasonmckinley Member

I just purchased Touchdown by Nitrodesk (incredible app) and was curious how to get the Droid to stop syncing my emails, etc. through their own method? Please be specific with step-by-step instructions of how to disable my corporate account. I only want to have emails going into the "email" folder that are from my personal email moving forward. Thanks,

Jason

Advertisement
    :
  2. tman065

tman065 Active Member

Not sure why you need Touchdown if you want to disable your corporate account. That's what Touchdown does, it syncs corporate accounts, with more functionality than the included email app. You can make it sync manually only.

Open Touchdown
    Press the "settings" button (the gray button on the bottom that looks like a gear)
    Press the "advanced" button (labeled "advanced" on the top right)
    Uncheck the box at the top that says "Periodically check for changes"

That should keep your phone from syncing unless you tell it to, or I suppose, if you send an email from your phone.

Hope this is what you wanted.
  3. jasonmckinley

jasonmckinley Member

sorry, what i need to do is turn off the sync from whatever program the droid is using to pull email, contacts, and calendar from my corporate (outlook) account. right now both touchdown and whatever program droid uses are both pulling emails and giving me calendar reminders. because touchdown offers many more of the things i need, i only want to use that and not the droid program. hope this helps clarify what i'm looking to do. thanks,
  4. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

settings>accounts & sync>(desired email account)>uncheck green boxes.
  5. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

or just delete your corporate account completely from the email app. if you are using touchdown, why bother even having your corporate acct in the email app?
  6. tman065

tman065 Active Member

Wow, I had it competely backwards. Sorry.

WHAT THEY SAID should do it.
  7. o.maille

o.maille Member

Should, but doesn't. My gmail calender has been try to sync all day eating my battery in no time, so I went and disabled the settings, even restarted. No luck and can't remove gmail without factory reset

Galaxy s