• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to disable incoming call notification on Edge Panel

Rover_01

Lurker
Mar 4, 2016
Hi,

I have a Note Edge (SM-N9150) running fine with Android 5.0.1. There is one feature in Note Edge that is very annoying and I have spoken with several users who also voice this dissatisfaction.

When a call comes in, it lights up the edge panel with the accept button in the middle and the reject button at the end. I have a flip top case and many instances when I went to lift the lid to answer the call or just to grab the machine, I accidentally touches the reject button and lost the call.

Very damn annoying features. It seems one has to stay clear of that annoying edge panel. It would be nice if the edge panel is only used to notify the user (can't accept or reject calls) and that would make it a perfect design.

Is there a configuration to do that? Failing that, is there a way to disable this annoying feature and making this Note Edge behaving like my A5.

Thanks.

Rover

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones