1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

How to Disable Lockscreen?Support

1. epiphany9x

epiphany9x New Member

I have the pattern unlock enabled and it's annoying to have to do both the slide down and pattern unlock... is there any way to do just one?

Also, I want to uninstall the HTC Lockscreen. I know there's a way to do it using ADB, but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone tell me what to do? Thanks!

edit: Found directions on removing HTC Lockscreen:

cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
    adb remount
    adb shell
    cd /system/app/
    rm HtcLockScreen*
    exit

Still need to find how to disable the lockscreen outright...

Advertisement
  2. roland365

roland365 Well-Known Member

disable the pattern lock...now u use only the slide....and u cant uninstall
  3. epiphany9x

epiphany9x New Member

Well, I found out how to uninstall the Hero lockscreen to revert the default Android one...
  4. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Why would you want to.
  5. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

Have you tried turning off the screen 'keyguard'?

I don't have rooted Hero, and I didn't setup an unlock pattern so my Hero just has the slide to unlock.

I use the Tasker app to turn off the screen's keyguard when I connect the Hero to USB power. Turning off the screen keyguard removes the slide to unlock so now when I have the Hero connected to USB power (desk or car) and push the menu button, the Hero comes on to the last homescreen I was on without asking for any slide to unlock. When I unplug the Hero from USB power, Tasker then runs an exit task to re-enable the screen keyguard so the slide to unlock returns.

[​IMG]
  6. expose11

expose11 Member

Sorry to change the topic in this thread, but since its dead anyway..... I am thinking of using tasker. I currently use settings profile to do my location/timed changes and such.
    I am wondering from a Tasker user, does it eat battery, does it work well, does it give any FC's, or otherwise tend to screw anything up? It seems like a very powerful app that could do a lot of damage if not properly executed.
    One more thing, settings profile returns my settings to the original state when the rule is no longer true. Does Tasker do this or do I HAVE TO create an exit task?
    Thanks
  7. submarineITguy

submarineITguy New Member

What you are trying to do is called an Exit Task. Your task will have a green arrow on them that points to the right. These are the tasks that will occur when the criteria have been met. If you simple tap on the task, the popup has an option to "Add an exit task"