how to disable low battery notifications?Support

Last Updated:

1. kilou

kilou New Member This Topic's Starter

As simple as the title states, I find the low battery notifications annoying and intrusive; I am quite able to tell my battery is low just by looking at the indicator.

how does one go about disabling these notifications?

Advertisement
  2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

I presume you can't in the same way you can't disable the fully charged notification.

They also don't respect the phone state which is very nice of Samsung. When you're on silent they still cause the phone to vibrate.

3. M22RDY

M22RDY Active Member

There is a way to disable the 'notifications' volume, I have no idea if it would effect the low battery but it wont remove the pop-up notifications... and it'll disable all sound on pop-up notifications.

....So.. It may not be that useful.

4. youquijano

youquijano New Member

what about displaying the battery percentage? is there an app that can do that?

5. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

download "battery life" by curvefish and add the widget to the homescreen.

6. T75

T75 Member

PROBLEM SOLVED ! NO COST !
    I saw this suggestion in another forum and it WORKS, so I'm passing it on !
    Set the global notifications to SILENT.
    Set the notification on Gmail to any ringtone, NOT DEFAULT.
    Set the notification on messaging to any ringtone, NOT DEFAULT.

You'll still have a tone when you 1st plug the phone in to the charger, but NO tone when it's fully charged.

7. LtWorf

LtWorf New Member

Thanks to another poster, I used File Expert (free download): browse to system\media\audio\ui and moved the tw_battery_caution.ogg file from the folder and restart the phone.
    PROBLEM SOLVED!!

8. davo2011

davo2011 New Member

That solution above didn't work for me as it just changed to a different tone. This DID though....

Hi 've spent ages trying to find the answer to this, as every day the low battery noise shatters my eardrums and nearly makes me fall off my seat while wearing headphones on the train. I rooted the phone, deleted the media files, tried to find the hidden menus, froze system spps with Titanium, all for nothing. Yesterday, I got Sound Manager from the Android Market, turned System Volume to zero and hey presto, no more low battery warning! It doesn't seem to effect anything else like ringtone, email text etc either. I can't believe it was so easy! I will post this on other forums too as I would've found it very helpful. Thanks,