• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to: Disable Message Notifications

ddaren

Lurker
Aug 26, 2009
I currently use Handcent SMS to control my text messaging. I used to have a G1 but got it replaced with a MyTouch Slide. On my G1, there was an option in the settings that allowed me to disable notifications from the system's original messaging app.

However, I want to disable it since I get a notification from Handcent SMS and the original app. Both ringtones go off and there's 2 notifications at the top.

I currently use Handcent SMS to control my text messaging. I used to have a G1 but got it replaced with a MyTouch Slide. On my G1, there was an option in the settings that allowed me to disable notifications from the system's original messaging app.

However, I want to disable it since I get a notification from Handcent SMS and the original app. Both ringtones go off and there's 2 notifications at the top.

FYI... this site has a search function.......

http://androidforums.com/t-mobile-mytouch-slide/118944-love-handcent-texting.html

Reactions: behold_this
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones