how to disable moblie data usageGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jmb1985

jmb1985 New Member This Topic's Starter

I've just upgraded to an X10 mini pro, but the mobile plan that I am on does not include mobile data usage. What settings do I have to enable or disable to ensure that data is not being downloaded over the 3g network by apps?

Advertisement
  2. Sarv

Sarv Member

setting, wireless setting. mobile netwoek, untick allow data transfer
    or place the widget in the home screen

3. jmb1985

jmb1985 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm with 3, so if I disable data transfer, then I am unable to access the my3 site to check credit etc. Would disabling background data be sufficient to ensure that I don't get any unexpected download charges?

4. choccy

choccy Well-Known Member

Why is it on the Mini pro that if you disable the data, it also stops you from receiving MMS messages.

MMS should be allowed to be received still.

5. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Its the same with the X10 large, the selection is both Data & MMS. No option for one or the other. Having said that, I do get charged for MMS but I have 3g of data usage a month, so I wouldn't mind a split selection.

I wonder if there is an app that lets you separate them.

6. ison_machine

ison_machine Well-Known Member

i'd like to add

i agree, there seems to be no way of separating GPRS/EDGE (G) and 3G data transmission. it is just alternating which ever available for the location. for send and receiving MMS you need at least GPRS/EDGE signal so turning off all data traffic will terminate MMS also.

try the APN droid app, there is an option that you can tick "keep MMS enabled". but i haven't tried if this really works.

I am also wondering if there is an app that could separate GPRS/EDGE from 3G. :)