1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

how to disable pattern for unlock?Support

1. Tinytacohead

Tinytacohead Well-Known Member

Between being a newb & sleep deprivation, I can't for the life of me figure out how to return the lock screen back to a simple swipe for unlock/disable the silly pattern I've set up.. help? :eek:. As always, thanks in advance!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Settngs>My device>Lockscreen
  3. Tinytacohead

Common sense got me that far, but I can't seem to open anything on that screen to disable the pattern-lock.. I hope I'm not running into another android bug/I'm just an idiot! :p
  4. Adara

Adara Well-Known Member

After:

Settngs>My device>Lockscreen

The top of your screen says:

Screen lock
    Secured with pattern

Hit that. It'll make you confirm your pattern, then you can change it to any other lockscreen.
  5. Tinytacohead

I'm seeing:

Screen lock
    Swipe

Not, Secured with pattern. Hitting such simply allows me to set a new pattern. Wtf am I missing/doing wrong?
  6. Tinytacohead

Apparently my phone hates me.. wound up having to remove/replace the battery to get rid of tbe pattern lock, heh. Time to move onto my next question! (thx again for the suggestions)
  7. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

I know this is a little bit of a necro, but I just had this same issue and figured out a way to fix it. First my story:

I generally only use swipe to unlock (no security but I don't need it for what's on my phone). I was in a meeting where we didn't have internet for our laptops so I opened up my fox-fi and created a hot spot....to do this it told me I needed to have some sort of lock screen activated so I just went with a pin. After the meeting, I turned off the hot spot but I could not go back to swipe. Basically, under settings>my device>lockscreen everything was greyed out except "Pattern" "Pin" & "Password."

I tried a reboot, tried a battery pull and I still couldn't get the option to click any of the lesser secure options. Clicking on pin again just asked me to set my pin and wouldn't allow for me to change it still. So I eventually went to settings>more>security and scrolled to the bottom and clicked "clear credentials." That is what allowed me to reduce my lock screen security.

Just wanted to throw this out there in case someone is searching in the future for a similar issue.
    f5_again, drebit and Tinytacohead like this.