• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to disable screen lock?

LewHiggins

Lurker
Feb 1, 2011
I have Android 2.2 installed. I have disabled screen lock (under 'security') but it still operates when I switch on after a screen time out. Also the user guide says that I can press the menu button to unlock the screen lock, but this doesn't work.

How can I remove the screen lock?

I don't think there is to be honest. It only takes a second to unlock so is it really that much of an issue...?.

It seems overkill to me after a time-out to switch it back on and unlock the screen. In any case, unless I've misunderstood something, the user guide says that screen unlock can be disabled. Or I have a malfunctioning Desire.

Upvote 0
I have Android 2.2 installed. I have disabled screen lock (under 'security') but it still operates when I switch on after a screen time out. Also the user guide says that I can press the menu button to unlock the screen lock, but this doesn't work.

How can I remove the screen lock?

After talking to my network support and htc support it appears that this is a feature/bug(*) in Android 2.2. It's not there in 2.1 and possibly won't be in future versions of Android.

(* Delete as appropriate)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones