• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to disable scrollable wallpaper

rdfisch

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
Noob here ... just switched to Droid X from iPhone.

I have found that you can disable scrollable wallpaper if you install LauncherPro, but can it be done some other way ? (oh ... and I won't be ready to root for quite a while).

I really liked LauncherPro, mostly to be able to blank out the bottom row of icons on the home screen, but uninstalled because of the bug that doesn't allow use of the Motorola "Contact quick tasks" widget.

My overall goal is to have a really minimal "center home screen", and only see buttons/folders/etc. when I scroll to the "side home screens". (can someone tell this noob what the proper name of the quoted screens above is ?). Add to that the same wallpaper when I scroll to the side screens.

I suppose I could figure out the proper width of a wallpaper spanning all my home screens, and replicate the image for each one ... would that work ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones