1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

how to disable "Turn on USB storage" pop up screenSupport

1. drewski

drewski Member

Since the 2.2 update, when I plug in my Droid to my computer to keep it charged I get a full screen pop up with little green Android dude and message

"USB connected <yada yada yada>" with button for "Turn on USB storage" at the bottom.

Never did this before 2.2.

If I wanted to mount the SD card, I'd just go to the Notification bar. How do I turn off this auto pop-up?

Thanks!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

try settings>connect to PC> uncheck Ask Me
  3. drewski

drewski Member

hmm . . . don't see the "Connect to PC" option in my settings . . . :confused:
  4. krosenqu

krosenqu Member

I have this same problem.

I plug it in, and it connects to usb mode. I just want to charge it! I don't want this silly screen to pop up.

The only solution I've found thus far is to go to Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging
    That stops the screen from popping up but then I have an extra notification. Annoying :(
  5. crazyst

crazyst Member

Mine gives the options of Mass Storage, Media Sync, or ask.

How about "do nothing"??!!!!!

USB debugging still gives the pop up. Double annoying.
  6. pranathi

pranathi New Member

When i bought my phone(Samsung galaxy pop) , when I plug in my Droid to my computer I used to get a full screen pop up with little green Android dude and message

"USB connected" with button for "Turn on USB storage" at the bottom.

but now this is not happening...I dont get ant\y notification as such except the tethring notification that the usb is connected. I'm unable to transfer files from PC or to PC.
    Please help.
    Thanks!!
  7. pranathi

pranathi New Member

When i bought my phone(Samsung galaxy pop) , when I plug in my Droid to my computer I used to get a full screen pop up with little green Android dude and message

"USB connected" with button for "Turn on USB storage" at the bottom.

but now this is not happening...I dont get ant\y notification as such except the tethring notification that the usb is connected. I'm unable to transfer files from PC or to PC.
    Please help.
    Thanks!!
  8. s7t4va

s7t4va New Member

I just upgraded my LG Optimus 670 from Android 2.2 to Android 2.3 and the USB won't connect. To fix the problem, I downloaded new drivers from LG for USB to connect my Android 2.3 to my computer. You can find the drivers at:

Since this is my first post, Android Forum is not letting me post a link, so you will have to convert the information below to a link.

lgforum.com/resources

If you have a different phone, you will need to go to your phone manufacturer's site to download the latest USB drivers
  9. timtak

timtak New Member

I am getting this screen too. I want to use my phone in place of my flash drive and do not want to have to tap anything.

[This may be particularly important when I want to access my data when my battery is dead. But then, perhaps I would not be able to access the SD card when my battery is dead even if I had auto mount.]

Leaving the dead-battery situation aside, I want to be able to plug in and go, without touching my phone or even taking it out of its bag.

So, in apps there are

[SOLVED] Winamp
    I don't want winamp, but it has a setting to allow automounting when I connect USB. The screen still appears (which is a pity) but it is as if Winamp pushes the allow USB access button for me.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nullsoft.winamp&hl=en

Auto Mount SD card
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrtstudio.automount
    looked like it would do the trick but it is icompatible with all my devices.

Multi Mount SD-Card
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...mountsdcard.widget.free&feature=search_result
    may need "root" and my device is not rooted. I am not sure if root is needed or not. In order to find out I have to pay a dollar. This is a bit iffy. The app warns me that some functions won't work without root access and then invites me to pay a dollar not mentioning whether that function is one of the ones that requires root access or not. Well it is only a dollar.

doubleTwist with Magic Radio
    Is, I think, an iTunes android integrator (which I do not need) but it said to have the ability to turn on automatic mount and is recommended by lifehacker as a way of getting auto mount. But it did not work for me by default so I un-installed it.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doubleTwist.androidPlayer&hl=en

On the developers forum there is the suggestion that automounting was only possible on android 1.0 and that it was a bad idea.
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-developers/cLj-maIFhJg

I am using NEC Medias Tab N-08D running Android 4 ("Ice cream sandwich"?). Perhaps I need to root my device. I have no idea how.

Since my tablet is also a phone with 4G connection I guess that root access may allow me to do things that I am not meant to do on the network.