How to display Facebook profile picture on a phone contact ?Support

Last Updated:

1. PhoenixFx

PhoenixFx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to get Facebook profile pictures assigned to internal phone contacts, but cant get it to work. I installed the recently updated Facebook app, at the first launch it asked me if I want to sync my contacts, I selected Sync with exisiting contacts (later I selected Sync all since first option didnt work) but still profile pictures are not being fetched. I can now see facebook contacts in my main contact list, and I can link them with my phone contacts (manually), but profile picture is still blank. When I click the View profile (facebook) link of a particular contact I'm taken to my profile page instead of the person i clicked on. And when I select Edit and go to Facebook tab there is an error with an exclamation mark with the message "Unable to edit SNS contacts on phone"

Has anyone managed to get this working properly ?

Advertisement
  2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

I didn't do it through the facebook app. From the home screen:

Settings --> Accounts and Sync --> Add Account --> Integrated Contact Accounts --> Facebook.

Pulled in all of my facebook contacts, along with pictures. I then just linked them with existing (Google or Corporate) contacts as appropriate.

3. PhoenixFx

PhoenixFx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, it worked :)

4. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Well-Known Member

Is there any way to make the 'view profile' point to THEIR profile instead of your own profile?

5. R.S.G

R.S.G Member

The very same I did, it pulled in all contacts but with no picture... please read my post in detail and suggest help: http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...dating-coming-phonebook-help.html#post3354483

6. gunny2008

gunny2008 New Member

download 'full screen caller id'
    my problem solved