how to do 2 gmail accounts with 2 iconsSupport

Last Updated:

1. brilor04

brilor04 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

searched the threads and couldn't find anyhing regarding this. I have 2 gmail accounts and want to have 2 icons on my home screen and not have to keep going into gmail and swapping back and forth to each account. Is there any way to do this?

Advertisement
  2. ReuseablePlastix

ReuseablePlastix Active Member

Here's how I do it:
    I use Gmail Unread Count.
    It allows you to set up widgets to each email account when you add it your home screen. This way you also get to see how many unread emails you have in each account. It allows you to name them differently too. The only thing I've found is that to make sure you don't end up back in the last account you left is to back out of it each time using the back button rather than the home button.

Hope that helps.

3. Ebaumann

Ebaumann Member

Ahh yes but how does one use 2 Gtalk accounts?!

4. c_aus

c_aus Disabled

I believe you can only have one GTalk account using the default app. If you want a second one, you would need to get an IM app such as eBuddy, Palringo, Nimbuzz, etc.

5. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

I use ebuddy for this. Works fine. Can check messages and whatnot. I just wish you could port multiple gtalk accounts to the same number.

6. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

Is there any way to get latitude to use a different gmail account? The account I have I use for email, but none of my friends have this account, it's for "important" email. I have another account with my friends and latitude, but I don't want mail notifications for this account. Is there any way I can do this?

7. c_aus

c_aus Disabled

If you're referring for Google Maps only, you can click Menu, More, Switch Account if you have more than one Google account synched.

Yaksha likes this.