• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to do a complete reboot?

I have this problem with my EVO in that every now and then it will start freaking out and get hot. Something sucks the battery, as I've seen it go from 95% to 20% in a matter of minutes.
The heat, by the way, isn't coming from the battery, but from the top of the phone, near the power switch.
Anyhoo, I've learned that I can solve the problem by pulling the battery. I've tried just turning the phone off, but when I do, it just remains hot and the battery continues to drain. It's like turning the phone off is really only putting it to sleep; when I turn it back on again, it reboots much faster than when I've pulled the battery.
So. Is there some way to turn the phone completely off--similar to pulling the battery--without actually pulling the battery? I hate to keep taking the back off my phone.
Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones