how to do hard reset and will it

Last Updated:

1. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

how do i do a hard reset on the EVO and will it wipe out any of my settings or anything etc. is there anything i should know before i do a hard reset to my EVO

Advertisement
  2. henbone11

henbone11 Member

if by hard reset you mean restore it to factory defaults, of course it will wipe out settings. it will wipe out everything.

3. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Menu then Settings then Privacy then Factory Data Reset. You will lose everything except what is on the SD card.

4. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well i know factory default will reset everything thats a no brainer, im talking about a hard reset, i thought those were 2 different things, ( im not talking about factory default )

see my problem is when im done with a phone call and ready to hang up, when i take the phone away from my face the screen just keeps flashing instead of staying lit up so i can press End Call to hang up the phone, is this a problem with my proximity sensor, and should i take the EVO back because this is the only problem i have with my phone

so someone suggested i do a factory reset to see if that works before i take my EVO back to sprint

5. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member

If you don't feel like monkeying around with the phone just take it back. Within my 30 days if the phone even smells funny to me I'll take it back. It just so happens that my evo is one of the few perfect ones out there. Go get yourself a perfect one, too.

Your second choice is to wipe it, restore all your apps, etc and see if that works. If it doesn't, you go with step 1 above, and restore your apps all over again.