1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support how to do hard reset on s5690 xcover

1. braneobrad

braneobrad New Member

I forgot password to unlock the screen on s5690 . I need to do hard reset.how to do hard reset on s5690 xcover
    tnx

Advertisement
  2. soreen

soreen Member

Same happened to me a while back :) ... i have bought another phone :))
    I don't think it's possible to get thru that stupid screen lock :)

I mean without loosing your data :)
    Because if you wipe and reset to factory no codes will bother you again :)
  3. viksun

viksun New Member

If you turn of (power down) the phone; For example: force remove the battery. When you start the phone next time, you can go into the recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy xCover GT-S5690. Here is how: Universal Gingerbread Root & Unroot 2.3.3 -> 2.3.7+

You have an option here (in recovery mode: wipe data/factory reset) to reset the phone, and then the only password you should need is to the SIM-Card.
    Now the phone is as when you bought it :)

But have in mind that you are going to lose all you internal data on your phone. Are unsure if you loose data on your MicroSD card, but I do not think so :) [99,8% sure that you don't loose data on your MicroSD card]