how to do wired tether on rooted htc aria?

1. firesong

firesong New Member

I successfully rooted my htc aria with unrevoked3 what i need to know now is how do i do a wired tether or wireless really doesn't matter just as long as 3g isn't required im on ATT and only have EDGE where i am. If anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it, i am using this for my online classes and i desperately need it to work asap. my pdanet trial ran out and i can't pay for it at the moment.

Advertisement
  2. tpbklake

tpbklake Well-Known Member

If you flash the Liberated Aria ROM FR008 at XDA Forums (ROM: Liberated Aria Froyo Series FR008 12/13/2010 **Fully working OC Kernel** - xda-developers) you can have your choice of a Wireless Wifi hotspot connection, or a wired USB connection using EDGE. This is a Froyo 2.2. ROM, so the wireless hotspot app is built-in.

If you don't want to flash a new ROM, then you can try Easy Tether for USB connections, too.
  3. cmcollins001

cmcollins001 Well-Known Member

You can also try for wired tether pdanet or easytether. I know a few people who have had really good luck with one or the other. Since you're rooted you can also try Wireless Tether for rooted phones from the market from Muller, Lemons, Buxton...that's what I use on my EVO and it works great.