• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to downgrade from 2.2 Froyo to 2.1 Elcair using Odin

Lewizel

Lurker
Feb 24, 2011
I recently upgraded my SGS Vibrant GT-I9000M from 2.1 Eclair to 2.2 Froyo using Odin. Everything went smooth with the upgrade other than the fact i am unable to access the internet using 3G network. Also i am from Canada on a Bell network

Current Status of phone :

Baseband Version 19000XXJPK
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9 root@sept-51#1
Build Number FROYO.XXJPK

I tried soft and hard reset of my phone with no success.

Does anyone have the files in order to use Odin to downgrade to 2.1?

If anyone has done this before or knows how to help it would be much appreciated.

- Lewi

I figured out what to download but the files are different from last time when i was upgrading the firmware using Odin.

This time around with the new files im only able to attach the Modem file which is a bin.

the rest CSC and Code files are unattachable...lol just think i bit off a little more than i could chew. As well that site didnt have a pit file i was aware of for download

Upvote 0
Hmm, are you sure you need to downgrade? I mean did you check your APN? And your network settings? (they sometimes get erased while upgrading)

Just in case you didnt know, Settings> Wirelless and Networks >Mobile Networks Settings and here look for 2 things
1. Access Point Names (if there is nothing NO internet but since you wrote only 3G is not there, doubt its this)
2. Network mode should be set to GSM/WCDMA

Upvote 0
I am able to connect via Wifi but unable to when is turned off...

checked the settings as you directed me to:

I clicked on Access Point names thus nothing on the next screen. The network mode was set as GSM/WCDMA (auto mode)

Like i said everything worked fine for the firmware upgrade calling, texting, apps, and wifi but when wifi is turned off im unable to access the internet

Upvote 0
I am able to connect via Wifi but unable to when is turned off...

checked the settings as you directed me to:

I clicked on Access Point names thus nothing on the next screen.

ahem .... If there is NOTHING on that screen NO APN defined. Your mobile data connection thus 3G/2G wont work. Your wifi has nothing do to with your mobile data connection.

Go on your carriers webpage and add an APN. And you should be able to get your mobile data connection (3G too)

Reactions: Lewizel
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones