How to downgrade from ICS to 2.3.6 GingerbreadSupport

1. atamatics

atamatics Member

A week ago I upgraded my Galaxy S2 and my wife's Galaxy Blaze to ICS - what a disappointment. I was able to downgrade by S2 following this thread link but can't find the 2.3.6 image for Galaxy Blaze S 4G.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi atamatics :ciao:

Go to SamMobile firmware page. In the search window type in your phone's model number and it should show all firmware available for download for your phone.
    atamatics likes this.
  3. atamatics

atamatics Member

Thanks Atmazzz! It worked like a charm!
    Atma likes this.
  4. Ericbirsan

Ericbirsan New Member

I tried this today and my phone is messed up bad. Its on the startup wizard with the green android and a bunch of process like acore, mobillife, and android framework, come up and crash and I cant being at setup. Any fix's??
  5. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Eric :hello:

Go to recovery and do a factory reset and it should fix it.
  6. atamatics

atamatics Member

I was about to say the same - that's what fixed it for me too.

7. JerryTX2012

JerryTX2012 Member

Why were you disappointed? I'm receiving this message from T-Mo saying that I can upgrade, but I don't know if I should.
  8. I was going to upgrade my Blaze to ICS, but decided not to do it after reading a glowing review of ICS at PCMag.com; it also mentions No flash for ICS, increased resource use, and some other negatives for upgrade. I decided to wait until I buy next phone which will have more RAM, perhaps quad core. I'm happy with the Blaze and Gingerbread.
    So since no upgrade, I rooted. Probably should have expressed my experiences here earlier. I read PCMag.com regularly. Any new phone, hardware, or app I use a search engine see if PCMag.com, xda, Android Forums, or any other forum or blog discusses it. That's how I found this forum.
  9. ucladave

ucladave Member

How did you "not update"? Mine tells me that I have an update ready to be installed and asks if I want to do it right now or postpone for some amount of hours. When those hours are up, I get another nag message. Any way to stop this?

I tried going to the software update portion of the setting menu but when I click it I just get that same message asking me to update...no actual setting menu
  10. I wasn't going to upgrade, but friends were saying, I was reaching for more happiness. I was happy with gingerbread. The ICS has too many little innovations that dont do diddly save use RAM, bluetooth doesn't work, my simple note pad developed unneeded features, and a few other irritants. I want ginger back.
  11. Root your phone.