How to DowngradeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Kutanks

Kutanks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Like many of you I took the plunge and upgraded early to 2.1. I hated it, it was very buggy and slow, especially the dialer and keypad compared to 1.5. Also the gmail bug was really annoying, Opera mobile refused to work after numerous attempts to uninstall and reinstall from scratch. Luckily for me my trackball was busted and since my phone is only 2.5 weeks old they replaced it for free and the guy at the Verizon store gave me a discount on a new case and universal car mount. Shout out to Tramont McNeil for your excellent service. Now that im running 1.5 again, the only thing I REALLY miss is the navigation, but I can definitely wait until the final rom is released. Until then, im either gonna keep my new baby droid stock or try rooting/ flashing a custom rom. I love the Eris, i almost traded it in for the moto droid, but that thing is huge. Anyways I would advise anyone who is thinking about about upgrading to stock 2.1 to not do it, I have heard others who think its better but Id prefer my phone to be more stable.

Advertisement
  2. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting your thoughts. What does "How to downgrade" have to do with you recommending that folks not upgrade. Don't take me wrong here, I am not bashing your opinion because different people can tolerate different stuff.

3. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

The dialer lag seems to be fixed by clearing out your call log. Try the app Call Log Trimmer and set it to 5 or 0 and that's helped a lot. Credit Caddyman for his theory behind the dialer lag.

4. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

I'm on root and love every second.

You have to be technical enough to make sure you do everything right.

No one can help you if you turn your phone into a brick.

Except, it sounds like maybe, Verizon. LOL.

<3 Root

5. jhug

jhug Active Member

Sounds like the "How to Downgrade" answer is get a broken track-ball within the warranty period. :D

6. Kutanks

i could have lived with 2.1, the trackball was what was killing me though. i have all the stuff to root the phone here on my macbook pro, now i waiting for a good rom. our phones have better specs then the g1 and ive seen some great roms running on that phone.

7. n2imagination

n2imagination Well-Known Member

HOW TO DOWNGRADE!?!?! Really?!?! WTF. Those of us who have working devices that would like to find some way to downgrade so we can finally get root would really appreciate a more accurate description to threads. Very misleading. Like there was actual useful information on how to get rid of this damn leaked 2.1. I am not so much regretting getting the 2.1, as just frustrated and jealous of all the amazing rom work being done that I cant participate in with out either duping a Verizon employee to swap out my phone or breaking it.

jr313 likes this.
  8. Kutanks

i did not break it, the phone had this problem before i updated, i thought it might fix it, but then right after i upgraded i discovered it was a hardware issue (and a common one) Maybe I should post this elsewhere, but the version of 2.1 that was leaked seems incomplete, it lacks friend-stream like on the legend. Please tell me we're getting this when the ota comes out.

9. Droid.eris

Droid.eris Well-Known Member

OMFG dude u got my hopes up dont post stuff like this just put Why you shouldn't do the 2.1 Leak Eris. Why hasnt a mod changed the title