How to: Dual Clocks Widgets

1. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Member JB in AZ asked in another thread about my Dual Clocks on my home screen and I decided to do a how to/step by step for him and anyone else who wants to have two clocks with different time zones.

Step # 1:
    Go to a screen that is empty or at least has the top half portion of it clear and click on the + (add) button.
    [​IMG]

Step # 2:
    Select HTC Widget
    [​IMG]

Step # 3:
    Select Clock
    [​IMG]

Step # 4:
    Once the clocks show up, click on the > (next arrow) button to go to clock 2 of 12. (Which will be the smaller clock).
    [​IMG]

Step # 5:
    Click the Select button.
    [​IMG]

Step # 6:
    Select the City for that clock (do not use the current city, see note below).
    [​IMG]

Step # 7:
    The clock widget will appear on the home screen.
    [​IMG]

Step # 8:
    Repeat steps 1 through 7 for the second clock.
    [​IMG]

Note:
    For step 6, you need to add the city instead of selecting current city because for some reason (I think its a bug) selecting current city will not show the correct time for the current city (when adding additional clocks). In my case its Jamaica NY, but its not in the list, but it shows New York, NY. More info can be found at this thread and this post.

TS out

Advertisement
    :
  2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JB in AZ [​IMG]
    Thanks! I've got the dual clocks now, but wondering about the clocks you are using with the dark faces and light hands (from the other thread). Easier to see! Thanks again!

I now see that these clocks change to a dark background and light hands at night! Any way to make them stay that way during the day? I find them much easier to see with the greater contrast.

hmm...quoting my own post. :D
  3. roland365

roland365 Well-Known Member

or u can just go thru the clocks in the widget and there is already a double clock u can choose and change locations
  4. kbussen

kbussen Well-Known Member

Lol. Or..... Thats funny.
  5. JB in AZ

I just like the looks of those clocks, and prefer the dark background.
  6. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

The closest thing that might be suitable for you would be Hero Clock - Night
    It's in the Market, but the developer only has a big version of it. Some have asked for a smaller version. Hopefully he will heed their demands.

TS out
  7. JB in AZ

TS, thanks again! I will check that out.
  8. esmail

esmail Well-Known Member

I don't seem to be able to change clocks.

Currently both show Columbus Ohio.

Columbus is my current city
    Columbus is my home city

I also have Hamburg
    and Tehran

I'd like to display Columbus and Hamburg - but I am unable to select a city for display when I go to World Clock setting.

This is on an Droid Incredible .. any suggestions anyone? I feel like I'm missing something rather obvious here ...

Thanks.
  9. jedge01

jedge01 New Member

I have the same problem as esmail (although on a Hero), I have the 2 clock widget but they're both showing the same time. My daughter has the 2 clocks, and she has different times on her. I just can't figure out what I've done differently. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
  10. esmail

esmail Well-Known Member

Hi jedge01,

I looked around a bit more and it seems that this widget won't let you select cities. What I ended up doing is creating two separate clock widgets and associating two different cities with them.

I still think it's odd that dual-clock widget wouldn't let you specify the cities to use.

Is your daughter away from her home city? That may explain the two different times.
  11. lolliedotcom

lolliedotcom New Member

I foolishly downloaded the dual clocks onto my HTC INFUSE and put them on the front screen... yeah, I can now neither move them to another page and it won't let me delete them either.

Why didn't anyone warn me how ugly it is, how hard it is to move or how hard it is to delete? :( It's like the herpes of android phones.

Please give me step by step instructions to get rid of this thing and someone suggest an attractive clock. I'd like that.

In the meantime, I'm going to go find where I got that darn thing and warn people. Terrible product.

By the way, this probably isn't the right place to post this, but I couldn't figure out where to post it so I put it here. Sorry.