• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to: Dual Clocks Widgets

Member JB in AZ asked in another thread about my Dual Clocks on my home screen and I decided to do a how to/step by step for him and anyone else who wants to have two clocks with different time zones.

Step # 1:
Go to a screen that is empty or at least has the top half portion of it clear and click on the + (add) button.
HTC2Clock01.jpg

Step # 2:
Select HTC Widget
HTC2Clock02.jpg

Step # 3:
Select Clock
HTC2Clock03.jpg

Step # 4:
Once the clocks show up, click on the > (next arrow) button to go to clock 2 of 12. (Which will be the smaller clock).
HTC2Clock04.jpg

Step # 5:
Click the Select button.
HTC2Clock05.jpg

Step # 6:
Select the City for that clock (do not use the current city, see note below).
HTC2Clock06.jpg

Step # 7:
The clock widget will appear on the home screen.
HTC2Clock07.jpg

Step # 8:
Repeat steps 1 through 7 for the second clock.
HTC2Clock08.jpg

Note:
For step 6, you need to add the city instead of selecting current city because for some reason (I think its a bug) selecting current city will not show the correct time for the current city (when adding additional clocks). In my case its Jamaica NY, but its not in the list, but it shows New York, NY. More info can be found at this thread and this post.

TS out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB in AZ
Thanks! I've got the dual clocks now, but wondering about the clocks you are using with the dark faces and light hands (from the other thread). Easier to see! Thanks again!

I now see that these clocks change to a dark background and light hands at night! Any way to make them stay that way during the day? I find them much easier to see with the greater contrast.

hmm...quoting my own post. :D

Upvote 0
or u can just go thru the clocks in the widget and there is already a double clock u can choose and change locations

I don't seem to be able to change clocks.

Currently both show Columbus Ohio.

Columbus is my current city
Columbus is my home city

I also have Hamburg
and Tehran

I'd like to display Columbus and Hamburg - but I am unable to select a city for display when I go to World Clock setting.

This is on an Droid Incredible .. any suggestions anyone? I feel like I'm missing something rather obvious here ...

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi jedge01,

I looked around a bit more and it seems that this widget won't let you select cities. What I ended up doing is creating two separate clock widgets and associating two different cities with them.

I still think it's odd that dual-clock widget wouldn't let you specify the cities to use.

Is your daughter away from her home city? That may explain the two different times.

Upvote 0
I foolishly downloaded the dual clocks onto my HTC INFUSE and put them on the front screen... yeah, I can now neither move them to another page and it won't let me delete them either.

Why didn't anyone warn me how ugly it is, how hard it is to move or how hard it is to delete? :( It's like the herpes of android phones.

Please give me step by step instructions to get rid of this thing and someone suggest an attractive clock. I'd like that.

In the meantime, I'm going to go find where I got that darn thing and warn people. Terrible product.

By the way, this probably isn't the right place to post this, but I couldn't figure out where to post it so I put it here. Sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones