• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to easily call people in a group

Ok, simple question. How do I quickly call a contact from a specific group?
If I press Phone, there's no option to choose a group.
I can pless People, Groups, <group name>, <contact>, Call mobile.
Not exactly quick and easy.

I've been using the People widget. It can show 9 contacts, or 3 contacts, from a predefined group, and you can scroll for more. I've had two 3-contact instances on a screen, Favorites and Co-workers. That's all that will fit.

But I don't have pictures on any of my contacts anymore. The link to Facebook was just too buggy, so I removed it. So the People widget takes up a lot of space for just 6 names, and I need to scroll it most of the time (actually I can only see 4 of the names when it's scrolled to the top). On one whole screen.

I'd like a button that brings up all contacts from a predefined group and lets me click one to call him/her. Or a compact widget that lists just the names in a group and calls when I click. Is there anything like that?

Thanks for the suggestion. It's better but not perfect. The icon itself is small and nice of couse, but when it opens up I can only see five people at a time. Also I have to click Call mobile after I click the name, so a total of three clicks to call someone (not counting scrolling). This was handled better on my old crappy Windows Mobile phone.

I wonder how people normally do this?

Upvote 0
If you use the search button in your contacts menu, you can type in the name of the group your looking for

EDIT: well after playing around a bit, I notcied when I back out of the contacts, it won't show again under search. Odd, it seems it only works when adding a fresh group or organization.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones