how to edit contact once saved to "Device"General

1. goodie7

goodie7 New Member

Hi,
    I have a Galaxy S4. The majority of my contacts were imported to my phone before I had a gmail account associated to my phone. As a result, they were all saved under "Device".

I have tried editing a contact, to change the location to "Sim Card" or my gmail account, but this option does not exist.
    I can edit all the other fields (name, mobile #, email, etc...) but not where the contact is saved.

I read online that When you add contacts to Device, they will not be synchronized to an Exchange ActiveSync

Advertisement
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Device contacts are true isolationists. The only way to do it is to either export the contact and re-import them or copy them over manually.
    goodie7 likes this.
  3. scott_

scott_ Well-Known Member

I would also suggest the export/import option. That would probably be the easiest.
    goodie7 likes this.
  4. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

In addition to Scott's reply.
    Export the contacts to your SD card. Save them to computer. Open gmail using desktop, switch from gmail to contacts:
    [​IMG]

and under the MODE setting, you will find import option:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the future, upon saving new contact, select Google from the top menu bar. So they will sync automatically, as soon as you log in your next/new device with Google credentials.
    goodie7 likes this.