• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to edit yahoo contacts in Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE

JennK

Lurker
Jun 12, 2012
Hi there! I am new to the world of androids and am missing my bb because of all the adjustments... Trying to keep an open mind. However, I have noted a few "glitches" with my Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE and it's too late to go back.

1. When I try to edit a contact that has been synced from my yahoo, I get the error "unable to edit SNS contacts on phone". I have read various posts to sort this out...and cannot believe that it is so difficult. Do I really have to edit contacts with my PC (since you also cannot view yahoo contacts via the yahoo app on phone)????

2. With my bb I was able to check FB wall posts on my way to work on the subway - even with no service. Now, I get nothing except a tower and the notice "signal lost, tap to retry" (or something). Really? Why is this?

3. Finally, my colleagues and I are all having issues with the phone disconnecting from the network randomly, which requires us to turn the phone off and turn it on again. I use my phone to receive incoming emergency calls from our clients 24/7...what it if turns off while I am asleep??? Any solutions - other than a re-set, which a colleague did and which did not help at all.

Thanks so much!!! I'm trying to love my new phone...really, I am.

1. This would depend on how you synced the contacts from Yahoo. You can edit non-Google contacts if they were synced via MS Exchange, but if not, they are uneditable for protection purposes.

2. Your BB saved into a cache your wallposts. Basically, you are looking at how your wall looked liked before you lost service. Its not possible to connect to Facebook without service. That's like running a car without gas. The only difference being Android did not keep a cache for one of many possible reasons, like another app taking space in the RAM so the FB cache was taken out.

3. No experience on this.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply! As with much of this I have also been trying things out on my own. I turned on my bb, saved all my contacts to the memory card, put the memory card in my Samsung, then imported all the contacts. I did another sync, but only a few contacts came up from my other accounts (yahoo or FB). All the contacts that had been in my bb can be changed!

Still frustrated about the cache/memory situation that prevents me from being able to browse through my FB posts...but not a goal breaker.

I've had fewer random disconnections from the server...just hope that this good string of luck continues.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones