How to Empty Regular Email Trash FolderSupport

1. m-cman

m-cman Well-Known Member

Title says it all. Cannot delete the entire trash folder. Have to delete each one manually. Not fun when there is over 1000 emails and growing.

Using Outlook Express copied from my computer. Anyone know of a solution? (Optimus V).

Advertisement
  2. lact.k

lact.k New Member

Any solution to this problem yet? I see there is a deselect all button in the trash folder, but how do you select them all to delete?!
  3. lact.k

lact.k New Member

4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Edited:

NM.. thought you were using gmail.
  5. eckertd

eckertd New Member

Bump.

Same issue here. 2200+ messages in the trash folder. Would be *real* nice to have a "select all" or "empty" option.
  6. Thorsten

Thorsten Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, but the short answer is that the stock email client simply doesn
  7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

I have gmail and use Dolphin browser. When I need to delete my e-mail I just select desktop mode and I'm in the regular gmail page for PC's and delete the normal way .Skyfire has this option as well.
    I don't know if this will help with the service you are using though.
  8. surgerush

surgerush Well-Known Member

I was originally using the stock e-mail, I couldn't figure out a way to do it either. I ended up downloading K-9 email and it's a lot better. You have the option to select all and then delete instead of doing it one at a time.
  9. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Maybe go to manage apps and clear data? Of course that will get rid of ALL your email.
  10. m-cman

m-cman Well-Known Member

Tried that. Lost all my settings. :mad: Had to set up my Outlook account again from scratch. Don't know if it deleted any emails. :confused:
  11. surgerush

surgerush Well-Known Member

Lol, just download k-9, you will be happy with it.
  12. spudwina

spudwina New Member

...you can go into your Trash folder, highlight the little check box to the left of each message, and hit the Delete button on the bottom right to remove the selected messages.

It's not particularly convenient, but if you put in the time it you can empty your Trash folder like this. At least it works on my LG Optimus V.
  13. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

And going by what was said in the initial post:

He is looking for an option other than checking every single message.
  14. spudwina

spudwina New Member

I realize that, but apparently there is no other option. If there was, someone far more knowledgeable than me surely would have discovered it by now and we'd all be using it.

Deleting one's trashed messages every few days is really not that time consuming; the truly burdensome task is deleting the hundreds/thousands of already accumulated messages.