• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to enable Edge data. please help

apar.mathur

Lurker
Jan 22, 2011
Hi all

I got a samsung galaxy s. Edge was available on my phone and I downloaded APNDroid to turn off the data connections to avoid unnecessary usage.
After that I went on roaming for few days.
Now when I want to have Edge connectivity its not available even when I turn On all data connections on APNDroid. Now I have uninstalled APNdroid but theres no edge connectivity shown. What to do??

Welcome to the forums!
It looks like you have uninstalled or reinstalled the app with "Data Off", this can leave the APN names in disabled mode. If you check Settings / Wireless / Mobile networks / acces point names, you'll probably see your internet APN with suffix "apndroid" (for ex. my APN name is "internet" and APNdroid renames it to "internetapndroid" to disable data transfers). Edit this and remove "apndroid" suffix and internet should work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones