How to END a Call?

1. andpete1

andpete1 Member

The Droid is a very fun device and I love playing with it. But it is a PHONE first. I've made lots of calls today but I personally, have not ended any of them. They always end with the other person hanging up and my screen going to the home screen. The display will not wake up during a phone call unless I slide the phone open. Has anyone else experienced this? I understand that you dont want your cheek to press any buttons, but there has to be an easier way to wake up the phone.

Summarize the problem - I want the display to wake up while in a phone call without having to slide out the keyboard

Advertisement
    :
  2. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

The Droid doesnt have an End call button?
  3. andpete1

andpete1 Member

It does. But it's a soft key on the touchscreen which I can't get to wake up....
  4. jbert

jbert Active Member

Pull the phone away from your head and the screen should wake up. The phone has a sensor that puts the display to sleep when it is on your ear. Just give it a couple seconds.
  5. andpete1

andpete1 Member

Yeah thats what motorola said. I guess my screen sensor? must be defective?

I put the phone on a table. I make a call. The display IMMEDIATELY goes dark, whether its by my face or not. Will not wake up without sliding the keyboard out.

The display will stay active though if I have the it on speakerphone.
  6. jbert

jbert Active Member

Unfortunately, it does sound like the sensor is defective (or you found a setting I can't find). When I make a call on the table, the screen stays lit. Once I put my hand over the sensor (same area as the LED notification), the screen goes dim.
  7. Edaze55

The proximity sensor on my Moment works just like this. Sounds like he may need to return it and get a new one.
  8. CWasko36

CWasko36 Member

Do you have a screen protector on? It might be triggering the proximity sensor to always stay on. If I make a call the screen only dims when I put my hand over the display or put it against my face. If I pull it away from my face the screen turns on so that I can hit the end call button.
  9. andpete1

andpete1 Member

Thanks for your quick responses!

I'll keep messing around with it some tonight but I think I'm going back to verizon tomorrow morning to get it straightened out.
  10. andpete1

andpete1 Member

No I do not have a screen protector on.

Theory - they set up the phone at the store today with the factory plastic screen protector still on it. Do you think that when it initialized everything for the first time that it got a bad reading or something? So that maybe a hard reset without the screen protector might fix it?
  11. Edaze55

It couldnt hurt to try a hard reset before returning it, but I have my doubts about it correcting the problem. Who know though..
  12. ihilani

ihilani New Member

When trying to return to an active call from the home screen, you try to pull down the green telephone notification but the screen only blacks out so you can't end the call. Has this happen to anyone else?
  13. sargon666777

sargon666777 New Member

If you have rooted your droid there is an app in the marketplace now that changes the camera button to an end call button. Disables the button for camera, and allows you to end a call from any screen without the soft key.

Search for end call.
  14. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

i always found throwing it against a nearby hard object, like my wall shuts off the call really effienctly, however I am having to buy a new phone almost every week now.
    Jeanine, Decus22 and Mominator like this.
  15. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Heh, I guess that app may be useful for those with dysfunctional proximity sensors, however, I just do it the old fashioned way, which is to pull the phone away from my ear and hit the end button.

By the way, if your proximity sensor really isn't working, IMO, it's worth taking in for a replacement, rather than using some roundabout way to emulate a end call button.
  16. Le0_Br4zUc4

Le0_Br4zUc4 Well-Known Member

The best way is by doing a battery pull ... lol

Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

How to end a call? If you're talking to a guy, tell him that he's a cheap bastage and your girl is better looking than his. If you're talking to a girl, tell her that her sister is way hott and that she's been looking fat lately. :p

Hope this helps... ;)
    smacinskyjr, Jeanine and Coogi like this.
  18. Coogi

Coogi Well-Known Member

+1 this is the truth!!
  19. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

How to end a call? Get AT&T, it seems they will end the call for you. ;)
    smacinskyjr and IamReady like this.
  20. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

If anything, tapping the power button to "wake" it from sleep may work.
  21. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

I've discovered that pressing the camera button halfway helps it wake up after pulling the phone away from my ear.
  22. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Yeah you can alternatively push the on/off button and it flashes the screen back up
  23. bcromwell

bcromwell Member

Slightly off topic but end call doesn't work (Yes I have root).. Really wish it did!
  24. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

I throw my droid out the window
  25. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Yeah, but does that END the call?:eek: