How to enter date and time with a macro on HTC Desire ?

Last Updated:

1. jjaakk

jjaakk Active Member This Topic's Starter

On my Palm Treo 680, I was able to type a keyboard shortcut or macro to put in the current date and time in a string of text.

On the Palm, I typed ".dts" and it returned a macro of "@@ds @@ts", which then returned the current date and time, using ShortCut5 in Prefs.

Even on the PC, I use "zds" to return a similar date and time stream - this is using "autohotkeys" - 28/6/2010 2:21 PM.

Is there some sort of keyboard macro or autotext or shortcut method to do this with the HTC Desire ?

(I will probably be asking a lot of "on the Palm Treo 680 I could, how do I on HTC Desire" questions, as I migrate to my new device. Please bear with me)

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

as far as i know, no its not possible, but its very easy to enter it from the menus etc.

3. jaybea830802

jaybea830802 Well-Known Member

I am not sure whether there is anything that can do this directly as Android operates very differently to the Treo.

One application you could look at is Tasker, which has been developed by someone who used to develop for Palm devices. Having looked through the documentation, there is nothing that directly does what you want, but depending on what you are trying to do, Tasker may provide another way to do it. I cannot see a variable for Date in tasker, but ask the developer, as he is very responsive. There is an active forum for Tasker, so if you say what you are trying to achieve, someone there will know whether you can do it and how.