• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to explain data usage

rottweilerjim

Nov 12, 2012
East Bay
I'm trying to explain data usage to my 62yr old sis in law. This month in 16 days she has used over 12gb of data so far. She found a Sims like app that she has spent a lot of money on upgrades that she didn't realize she was doing. Now I need help explaining even metro's unlimited data has a reasonable use limit also. NOTE TO MODS, If there is a better place for this go ahead.

as Gman said she is more or less ok with data in metro. what i find curious that how is she doing it? that is 750MB of data a day. just make sure she did not somehow turned on a wifi tethering app unlocked and people are leeching off free internet :(

I was? ???? also. She was addicted to live wallpapers then I showed her a couple of free music download sights then a movie downloads site and Netflix and so on. In a nutshell it like" This is your brain, this is your brain on Android. Any questions?"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones