• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to export my contacts to gmail?

If your phone contacts are of type Google, they will sync automatically, providing you are logged into your gmail account and haven't disabled syncing.

If your phone contacts are of type Phone, you can try an app called Contactsync ( https://market.android.com/details?id=com.happydroid.contacts&feature=search_result ). I haven't tried it, btw.

There are other ways of converting the type of contact, if you need more options...

Upvote 0
Try exporting your contacts to your SD card, delete all the contacts, then import them back and this time save them as Google contacts..
(or was that back up to sd card, delete and then restore from sd card).. I can't remember

and thay should be it...

PS when you add a contact make sure you save it as a Google contact

#avg_ls_inline_popup{position: absolute;z-index: 9999;padding: 0px 0px;margin-left: 0px;margin-top: 0px;overflow: hidden;word-wrap: break-word;color: black;font-size: 10px;text-align: left;line-height: 130%;}

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones