how to factory reset The LG Optimus M MS690Support

Last Updated: 2012-06-22 18:20:25
  1. alecjenkins

alecjenkins New Member

Bought an active ( for one week, till there plan runs out, and no way to get hold of the original owner) Metropcs used phone, and it's locked because I do not have the Google email account for log in. It says "Too many pattern attempts" , with a lock symbol. So how do i do a factory reset so i can get into my phone? I would really appreciate your help guys. Thank you.:D

Advertisement
  2. andyo70

andyo70 Well-Known Member

Turn off the phone and then press and hold the power, volume down and home buttons. Wait till you see the droid with the progress bar under it then release the buttons.
  3. hcl01

hcl01 New Member

Thanks a lot. Worked great.
  4. baloo217

baloo217 New Member

hey guys, this process will take me back to the old 2.2 version? i realy need to root the phone back.. thanks . now im a 2.2.2.
  5. Aplus

Aplus Well-Known Member

No, this will only wipe your phone it will not downgrade. Look for the downgrade thread.
  6. NeoSabin

NeoSabin Well-Known Member

How do you buy a phone and not get the password etc? Sounds stolen.

Old thread is old...
  7. bosstai

bosstai New Member

too many pattern attempts
  8. CADILLACPAPA

CADILLACPAPA New Member

My daughter's MS690 was "bugged" by her "ex" (he knew things). Thank you so much for the info on how to reset her phone. I hope her "ex" is "bugged out!"
  9. skamoqueen

skamoqueen New Member

This is the only answer that worked..thank you i wish i coud pay you fr real!!my lil brother is so happy i had phone laying around from a previous relationship and my lil brother broke his metro phone...so glad i didn't have to by another one..thanks for thr unlock rock on!!!!!!

10. hajdufam

hajdufam New Member

Thank you so much...finally...someone knew
  11. Scoured the web for awhile and could find any answer to this.

Then I remembered to come back here and search and found it in like 2 seconds.

Thanks for posting this :)
  12. tylanisthebomb

tylanisthebomb New Member

i need to reset my hole metro pcs lg it wont take my password someone help!:mad:
  13. tylanisthebomb

tylanisthebomb New Member

can u help me with my metro pcs lg phone i need to fully reset it it wont take my password
  14. dizkiller

dizkiller Member

^------- Really?
    sammyz likes this.
  15. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

For those who didn't read in between the lines....

Instructions on how to wipe the phone clean:
    1. Turn of Phone
    2. Hold Volume Down+Home key+Power button
    3. Enjoy your resetted phone

This can be found in the instruction manual which you can download from LG support.

Note: This is for people that have not messed with their recovery, if you have installed custom recovery, you cannot factory reset, but you can flash an entire custom ROM.
  16. testeraf

testeraf Well-Known Member

Will a factory reset wipe off all the apps I installed?
  17. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Yes
  18. testeraf

testeraf Well-Known Member

Will this same method work to reset an Optimus V that has been modded with CyanogenMod 7?
  19. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

No...I replied to you on your thread..