• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to factory reset The LG Optimus M MS690

Bought an active ( for one week, till there plan runs out, and no way to get hold of the original owner) Metropcs used phone, and it's locked because I do not have the Google email account for log in. It says "Too many pattern attempts" , with a lock symbol. So how do i do a factory reset so i can get into my phone? I would really appreciate your help guys. Thank you.:D

Bought an active ( for one week, till there plan runs out, and no way to get hold of the original owner) Metropcs used phone, and it's locked because I do not have the Google email account for log in. It says "Too many pattern attempts" , with a lock symbol. So how do i do a factory reset so i can get into my phone? I would really appreciate your help guys. Thank you.:D

Turn off the phone and then press and hold the power, volume down and home buttons. Wait till you see the droid with the progress bar under it then release the buttons.

Upvote 0

How do you buy a phone and not get the password etc? Sounds stolen.

Old thread is old...

Upvote 0
This is the only answer that worked..thank you i wish i coud pay you fr real!!my lil brother is so happy i had phone laying around from a previous relationship and my lil brother broke his metro phone...so glad i didn't have to by another one..thanks for thr unlock rock on!!!!!!

turn off the phone and then press and hold the power, volume down and home buttons. Wait till you see the droid with the progress bar under it then release the buttons.

Upvote 0
Turn off the phone and then press and hold the power, volume down and home buttons. Wait till you see the droid with the progress bar under it then release the buttons.

Scoured the web for awhile and could find any answer to this.

Then I remembered to come back here and search and found it in like 2 seconds.

Thanks for posting this :)

Upvote 0
For those who didn't read in between the lines....

Instructions on how to wipe the phone clean:
1. Turn of Phone
2. Hold Volume Down+Home key+Power button
3. Enjoy your resetted phone

This can be found in the instruction manual which you can download from LG support.

Note: This is for people that have not messed with their recovery, if you have installed custom recovery, you cannot factory reset, but you can flash an entire custom ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones