• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps how to find a gps Coordinate on goole map

hno2005

Jul 2, 2012
HI
i want to find a gpls Coordinate and locate it on my google map. I've this code but it's not working :
Code:
	private GoogleMap map;
	private final LatLng location =  new LatLng(310901,512113);

@Override
	protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
		super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
		setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);

map=((MapFragment) getFragmentManager().findFragmentById(R.id.map)).getMap();

}
	public void onclick_btn1(View v){
		CameraUpdate update= CameraUpdateFactory.newLatLng(location);
		map.animateCamera(update);

}

I've this coordinate and it've tested it on google :
E512113 N310901

How can I tell google to find this location ?

Thanks so much

I've never written code to do what you're doing, but lat/lon coordinates are given as + and - numbers, not as E and W. That may be your problem.

West (of the Greenwich meridian) is negative, east is positive. North of the equator is positive, south of it is negative. Try 512113 310901. (It looks to be somewhere in the Middle East, roughly.)

Reactions: hno2005
Upvote 0
I've never written code to do what you're doing, but lat/lon coordinates are given as + and - numbers, not as E and W. That may be your problem.

West (of the Greenwich meridian) is negative, east is positive. North of the equator is positive, south of it is negative. Try 512113 310901. (It looks to be somewhere in the Middle East, roughly.)

thanks for you help, I could find E512113 N310901 on my gps app and it's correct .
I think this is another type of coordinate .
Do you know how can I convert it or how can I change google map type to this type ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones