How to fix a Boot Loop

1. A lot of people including me have been having trouble with boot loops or get stuck on the Motorola Symbol after messing around while rooting. In this post I will post some instructions on how to get out of this and get your phone back to normal.

Credit to files goes to CRPercodani and UBRocked for files and instructions from another thread.

1) Download the following drivers, programs, and files.
    Make sure you download the correct drivers for your system either 32bit or 64bit

If your phone is like how mine was and the battery died out but could not charge, try buying a batter charger.
    2)Flash FRG22D
    • Instructions:

1. Download all of the files above including the 32-bit OR 64-bit Motorola USB Drivers.
    2. Install RSDLite AND the 32-bit or 64-bit Motorola USB Drivers (Depends on your system most will need 32-bit some will need 64-bit)
    3. Connect your phone to USB and turn it off then turn it back on, while your phone is booting hold up on the DPAD. (Some users have said it is easier to hold the volume down button and camera button instead.)
    4. Run RSD Lite 4.6 as Administrator (For all you Vista and 7 folks out there. If you are using XP you may not need to run as Administrator)
    5. Click the ... next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file and double click the .sbf file.
    6. Hit start and below it should give you completion progress and all of that.
    7. Once your phone is done being flashed (It may take a while so don't unplug it) it will reboot and you will be back at stock no root.
    8. Done
    Your phone should work now that it is back on a stock. If you want to re-root your phone here are more instructions and files.

3) Rooting your phone
    • Instructions and Files

1. Download the SPRecovery SBF file: MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Onl..sbf
    2. Follow the instructions from before about how to load the .sbf into RSD Lite.
    3. Flash SPRecovery to your droid and reboot.
    4. Download this file and place on the root of your SD card. (Meaning, do not put it in a folder.)
    5. Reboot into recovery mode (Turn off then hold the power and

Advertisement
    :
  2. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

dude seriously boot loops are not THAT serious to end up unrooting and rooting again. All you have to do is flash a nandroid or put a trusted kernel on instead of the one people try. Boot Loops can get more complicated than that but there is still no need to unroot. Not meaning to bash you or anything but there is always an easy way out when it comes to the OG Droid.
  3. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

i think you had good intentions here,but i fear this may cause a lot of users to take these steps when there may be a much simpler way. like androidlover14 stated, boot into recovery and flash a backup. this may not always work and you may need to take more advanced steps. such as the ones you listed but i would make that a last resort.
    teddyearp and motoconvert like this.
  4. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

agreed that some of this is a bit extreme for just a boot loop...

and you really missed addressing boot loops that come from trying new kernels and that just takes swapping kernels and you could very easily be right out of the loop.. not a full on unroot/reroot
  5. Milton515

Milton515 Active Member

Wen my OG Droid got stuck in a bootloop. All I had to do is flash the SPRecovery to my phone and it fixed everything
  6. longshot975

longshot975 New Member

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. My Droid 2 had been will start and get to the Droid logo and that it it, after that it goes black. I have tried this method of reinstalling the original files back, but when I connect it to my pc and do the down button nothing happens. Just black screen again. I can get into recovery but it will not let me flash update.zip because it says it can not be verified. and then just restarts and goes back to the droid screen. Can someone help me with this or is it fried.
  7. Krogg

Krogg Member

My phone is flashed for cricket and I am stuck in a boot loop. If I follow the instructions for flashing the SPRecovery, will this undo the cricket flash? I have read many forums that state to get out of the boot loop you must flash the SPRecovery, but I am afraid if I do this, I will need to re-flash to get my cricket service to work again.

Thanks
  8. brokenwheelcha

brokenwheelcha New Member

Hello. This is my intro to these forums. I would like to thank everyone on these boards for helping me get out of a boot loop on my droid 2. I was very lucky. I restored my phone to factory settings, & I ended up right back at not stock, but the rom I wanted to get back in the first place, all backups in place etc. Not sure how it happened, but not complaining.

Thanks, & take it easy.

-brokenwheelchair
  9. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

Wow, this is really the long way around the barn to fix a boot loop on the Motorola A855 phone as all the others have said. And for those of you posting here with a Droid 2 A955 phone, do not try anything at all in this thread. You will ruin your phone.
  10. Shenzer

Shenzer New Member

I have an LG apex that is stuck in boot loop. Although when I try to plug it into the computer so I can upgrade to 2.2 it says its unrecognized or something on that order. Any help would be appreciated.
  11. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

If you have any other phone follow this link and find the forum for whichever phone you have.

Android Phones - Android Forums