• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to fix browser issues without restarting the Incredible?

After surfing for a while, the browser occasionally has some issues. For example, I'll tap on a button on a form, and nothing will happen. Or I'll do a search, tap go, and no search happens. Powering the Incredible off and on fixes these issues. Is there a faster way?

Edit: After having the phone for several days longer, I can say that this hasn't happened in days. Not sure what the issue was initially, but lately browsing has been rock solid.

I'm having the same browser issues and I haven't seen this documented yet in my searches. Sometimes it's that you tap a button or a link and it doesn't go anywhere, sometimes that you select a dropdown option and it doesn't do anything. It seems that once this happens, it won't stop unless you restart the phone, as noted above.

This is a HUGE problem for me. I am using Incredibles with students to play educational browser-based games. If the students run into these issues, they won't take the time to restart the phone and load up the page again, they'll just want to stop playing.

Does anyone know *why* this is happening, or what can be done? I'd greatly appreciate any info or relevant links if it's been discussed elsewhere that I haven't seen. Thanks so much in advance!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones