How to fix browser issues without restarting the Incredible?Support

Last Updated:

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After surfing for a while, the browser occasionally has some issues. For example, I'll tap on a button on a form, and nothing will happen. Or I'll do a search, tap go, and no search happens. Powering the Incredible off and on fixes these issues. Is there a faster way?

Edit: After having the phone for several days longer, I can say that this hasn't happened in days. Not sure what the issue was initially, but lately browsing has been rock solid.

Advertisement
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seems like Advanced Task Killer does the trick. It's not needed often, but for the occasional time when I just need to restart the browser, it's a lot more convenient than restarting the phone.

3. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

+1 for any type of task manager, sometimes you just need to kill an app.

Still shouldn't be used on a automatic/regular basis to kill every running app.

-Mike

4. Jim Chapman

Jim Chapman Well-Known Member

I haven't needed a task killer app yet. Perhaps a task killer would be more efficient, but this procedure works for me: Open the home screen menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications page, scroll down and select the application of interest, and then press "Force stop".

shameless and jshort313 like this.
  5. LuoLiu

LuoLiu New Member

I'm having the same browser issues and I haven't seen this documented yet in my searches. Sometimes it's that you tap a button or a link and it doesn't go anywhere, sometimes that you select a dropdown option and it doesn't do anything. It seems that once this happens, it won't stop unless you restart the phone, as noted above.

This is a HUGE problem for me. I am using Incredibles with students to play educational browser-based games. If the students run into these issues, they won't take the time to restart the phone and load up the page again, they'll just want to stop playing.

Does anyone know *why* this is happening, or what can be done? I'd greatly appreciate any info or relevant links if it's been discussed elsewhere that I haven't seen. Thanks so much in advance!!

6. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

same problem here i may try the task killer

EDIT: it works