• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to fix front/face camera??!!

kmap123

Lurker
Oct 19, 2014
My front camera was working fine today untill this evening, and then everytime i switched my camera to the front to take a "selfie" it wouldnt work ive tried everything from the internet and even screwing the back off of my GS4 and removing the front camera part and putting it back in. My back camera works fine but when i switch to the front its pure black and says " camera failed" and on instagram it says "camera can not connect" but thats only when its not in the charger, when it is in the charger it just stays pure black and camera settings work but just wont take the picture, and my snapchat front camera wont work either.... plz help me i just had a problem with my power button which i fixed now this!!

It's difficult not to conclude from this that your front camera has failed and needs to be replaced. Normally I advice people not to try to fix their phone themselves in case they do even more damagae but since you have effectively done this once without doing any additional damage and taking into account the fact that the camera costs <

Upvote 0
There have also been many reports in Play store of the latest update to Google Camera causing this problem. If that's what you're using, see if you can revert to an earlier version or try another camera app.

But its not just my Google play front camera my face camera also doesn't work on instagram or snap chat , but the rear camera works fine

Upvote 0
It's difficult not to conclude from this that your front camera has failed and needs to be replaced. Normally I advice people not to try to fix their phone themselves in case they do even more damagae but since you have effectively done this once without doing any additional damage and taking into account the fact that the camera costs <

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones