• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to fix google talk authentication failed

Hi all, I tried the answer above several times but it didn't work for me. My tablet is running an older version of android and the factory installed apps are now outdated- there is no support for google talk, the earlier version of hangouts. The browser installed does not comply with security protocols now. These are the reasons often you cant get play store, hangouts or other things to work after factory reset. The solution is quite simple, after hours on this!

use your browser to search for hangouts .apk file from a mirror, and not directly from play store. you should also find google play services apk file and look for a chrome apk file- try not to use the newest versions but find older ones that are definately compatible with your android version.
make sure you have changed your application settings so that you can install apps from third parties- just tick the box in settings.

once these have downloaded, click on them, hit install or install and verify. they will download then play store will work and you can update these files and get the best updates for your phone/tablet direct from google play

Upvote 0
Hi

I have tried all the suggestions above an still not working. I have a samsung android 3.2 tablet and do not know waht else can I do... Please help

Thank you

try freezing and unfreezing Google framework using link2sd app and it will erase your Google account and so you'll have to sign in again, like you would do when you factory reset a smartphone __
it worked for me.

Upvote 0
I just thought id post this information so everyone wouldn't have to search for it. Go to settings-applications-manage applications and scroll down to market and clear data then scroll down to google services framework and clear data then reboot you're phone and that's it enjoy. Remember it will take about 10 minutes to be able to use t:mad:he market again.
Will clearing the data from google services framework affect my access to syncing my gmail? Will i have to reenter my google passwords? I have Android version 2.3.6
Ben

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just thought id post this information so everyone wouldn't have to search for it. Go to settings-applications-manage applications and scroll down to market and clear data then scroll down to google services framework and clear data then reboot you're phone and that's it enjoy. Remember it will take about 10 minutes to be able to use t:mad:he market again.

Upvote 0
I was facing the same problem stated here ie, google talk authentication failed and google+ cannot connect to server error and also play-store download problem on my phone micro-max A40, I found the solution by using root explorer apk. Open it then data - system - accounts.db (delete it). Reboot the phone and Add account again. It solved my problem.

Upvote 0
Hello again,

From the above suggestions, I tried:
1. 'try freezing and unfreezing Google framework using link2sd app and it will erase your Google account'. It came up with a msg saying Link2SD could not obtain root access.
2. 'Go to settings-applications-manage applications and scroll down to market and clear data then scroll down to google services framework and clear data then reboot you're phone and that's it enjoy.' It did not work
3. Root Explorer 3.3.5 - My device is not rooted...

So, still not working

Desi

Upvote 0
Hello again,

From the above suggestions, I tried:
1. 'try freezing and unfreezing Google framework using link2sd app and it will erase your Google account'. It came up with a msg saying Link2SD could not obtain root access.
2. 'Go to settings-applications-manage applications and scroll down to market and clear data then scroll down to google services framework and clear data then reboot you're phone and that's it enjoy.' It did not work
3. Root Explorer 3.3.5 - My device is not rooted...

So, still not working

Desi

My father in law has an old Gingerbread device. Force Stopping the Talk and Google Framework and then rebooting did not work, and I did not want to do a factory restore.

Out of desperation I Force Stopped and then Disabled those 2 apps, then rebooted. At that point the Contacts app would stop because it couldn't connect to Google, so I enabled it but kept Talk disabled and rebooted again. So far, problem solved no random Cannot Authenticate messages

Reactions: mydian
Upvote 0
I´ve been having the same issue with my Archos 101 IT G8, it´s pretty hard to find some good apps on this one lately because it is so old lol...I tried that solution however, seems like my Google Talk app won´t even let me to sign in and if i want to reinstall it, i cannot find it among my applications to uninstall so I would love to know whether there is solution of my problem.
Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
I´ve been having the same issue with my Archos 101 IT G8, it´s pretty hard to find some good apps on this one lately because it is so old lol...I tried that solution however, seems like my Google Talk app won´t even let me to sign in and if i want to reinstall it, i cannot find it among my applications to uninstall so I would love to know whether there is solution of my problem.
Thanks in advance
Ok, you probably missed that the list of apps in the apps manager is not alphabetical and that Google Talk is just called Talk. Annoying, isn't it?
That said, I am no further than you.
I have Android version 2.2 (I think this is something everybody including author of this thread should start their statements about) and I can use google play, gmail, calendar and contacts sync.
The only problem is that the only way I can turn the annoying loud as if SMS arrived (this actually makes me think if a notification sound for this particular event could be edited) sound happens every 5-10 minutes unless I disable the automatic sync.
The above advice obviously does not work for me. Otherwise I would not have written so much her.
What is further annoying that if I want to use Google mail and calendar on my temporary phone (waiting for the S7 to arrive after I dipped my S5 Note into Atlantic ocean), I have to enable the sync and listen to bloody pain in the **** Googgle ******* notifications *** **** **.
So blocking, uninstalling, disabling Talk (Google Talks) or even all Markets including Google Play does not stop notifications.
Please bring author of this thread into studio to chop his head off.
Because if he/she at least mentioned their Android version there was something to start off.
Otherwise there is not.

Upvote 0
Yikes! Android 2.2, code named "Frozen Yogurt" (FroYo) was released in 2010. You really have a phone still running that? I'm surprised anything will sync with that. I would guess that most of the apps are outdated and not able to be updated to anything that is still running FroYo.

Please bring author of this thread into studio to chop his head off.

In all fairness, this thread started in 2012 and there have been so many changed to Android and apps since then I'd doubt the original solution (or problem) is still valid.

Upvote 0
Yikes! Android 2.2, code named "Frozen Yogurt" (FroYo) was released in 2010.
Yes, you are right, not that the built in Skype (by the way, it was something what was advertised as something that would work forever for free back then by Three) would work or Updates page with Facebook, MySpace and Twitter on it .

However your answer is off-topic and as 100% of other answers does not answer the question, "How to stop Google talk from taking a piss!!!!"

P/S. My phone has is the first one I bought when I moved to UK. I put Latvian SIM-card in it when I upgraded it. The Latvian SIM-card has been in it since then. It is Samsung Galaxy I5500 something. A touchscreen. And has served me well over all these years as backup phone. Even now, I just slide nano SIM-card into its regular wast SIM-card slot (previously looking at nodes and connectors several times) and off it goes!

Ah, yes, I had to root it to get rid of the Three UK contract! There are hacks available on youtube. Very easy, just look for a string in the phone and use it as an unlock code.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones