How to fix my Acer Liquid ESupport

Last Updated: 2013-01-05 06:05:03
  1. Miller57

Miller57 Member

Ok i tryed to put android 2.2 into my phone. And by doing that i downloaded the update from the Acer site
    I opened up the tutorial of how to do it, and i did everything is asks for and stuff and when i got to the part of hold volume down + camera button, then press power button and itll vibrate 3 times... it did, but then it said the light would flash up and stuff and it didnt.. so i tryed to restart and turn my phone back on, and now it wont... it loads up the android thing.. then randoms colours appear... then it repeats it over and over.. Please help :(

Advertisement
  2. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

Try taking out the battery and wait about a minute and put it back in then do the three button start
  3. Miller57

Miller57 Member

how do you do 3 button restart?
  4. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

Recovery:
    With the USB cord unplugged from power fully off, Press Volume Down + Camera (hold all the way down and make sure you are not just toggling the focus button), then the Power button. The phone will vibrate three times

Bootloader (fastboot):
    From power fully off, plug in the USB cable with the computer attached. Then holding the Camera and Back buttons (<), press the power button.

5. Miller57

Miller57 Member

I did the 1st part with ease, but then after i plug it in and try to do 2nd part nothing happens
  6. Miller57

Miller57 Member

Yea its been like this for 2 days, and now when ever i turn it on, it shows some messed up colours, then stays on the "Acer" "android" screen with the little green guys
  7. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

Go to page 39 of the manual

Resetting your smartphone
    You may have to perform a reset if your smartphone fails to respond when buttons are pressed or the screen is tapped.
    Note: Before performing a reset, ensure that your smartphone is not locked. Press any
    key or tap the screen to see if the phone responds.
    Clean boot
    A clean boot will restore your smartphone to the factory settings.
    Warning! You should only perform a clean boot when all other options have failed to
    restore your smartphone to an operational state.
    Warning! This will erase all your personal information, any contacts stored on your
    phone and any programs you installed.
    If your phone is responding to screen input
    Open Settings from the Applications tab, then tap Privacy > Factory data reset; click Reset phone and then Erase everything to format your phone.
    If your phone is not responding to screen input
    Turn off your phone, then press and hold the Power until you feel your smartphone vibrate and/or you see the Acer logo screen. Press and hold the Volume up and Volume down buttons. Use the Volume up button to select Clean boot:YES. Press the camera button to confirm.
  8. dgallant

dgallant Member

Hi guys i have the same problem as Miller57. I also put android 2.2 into my phone. And I also followed tutorial of how to do it, and i did everything it asks for, i got to the part of hold volume down + camera button, then press power button until it vibrate 3 times... it did, but then it said the light would flash up and stuff and it didn't. So i restarted my phone and now it wont boot up. I also get then randoms colours too and sometimes it will hang on the android screen.

Any help would be great.

Don.
  9. dgallant

dgallant Member

Hey gwilo i did a Clean boot. Followed what you posted.

"If your phone is not responding to screen input
    Turn off your phone, then press and hold the Power until you feel your smartphone vibrate and/or you see the Acer logo screen. Press and hold the Volume up and Volume down buttons. Use the Volume up button to select Clean boot:YES. Press the camera button to confirm."

It said it earsed fine, then the phone rebooted and now it just hangs on the
    Acer android screen.
    Any Ideas?

Don.
  10. Miller57

Miller57 Member

Yes same here did the EXACT same as that^
  11. dgallant

dgallant Member

After doing the clean boot erase I tried doing the android 2.2 upgrade again this time i get this error.

Partition checksum
    Fail:load checksum partition.
  12. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

Is your phone stock or was it rooted with manlez?
  13. Miller57

Miller57 Member

No it wasnt rooted, it was stock i guess... and if u mean stock as in got it from the store and left it like that with just downloaded free apps then yes it was
  14. dgallant

dgallant Member

Yes my phone was stock too, i only got it on Tuesday night. After talking to tech support they could not get the phone working either. Lucky for me Fido my carrier replaced my phone with a new one, but i stress i have not tried to install android 2.2 yet.
    Not sure if i am going to do yet, The new phone is working fine plus i read that after updating to 2.2 bluetooth has stoped working.
  15. muisejt

muisejt Member

bluetooth still works on my Rogers after the update. Next time you try the update just leave the phone be for 10 minutes, there are some black screens but it does not mean there is nothing going on in the background.
  16. dgallant

dgallant Member

Thanks for the info muisejt. I have not still done the update. Just wondering is it worth updating to 2.2?
  17. I having the same problem as Miller. Anybody manage to give some good suggestion? Help needed.
  18. labona98

labona98 New Member

I d/l'd Froyo and I think I installed as per the instructions, but how can I tell if it worked.
    I assume it would show 2.2 but it still shows 2.1.
    Also showing 2.1 update 1. Confused!!!
  19. Any different between Fido n Rogers? Both of them available at Home
  20. epicsquare

epicsquare Member

Yeah there is. You download the one that your phone belongs to. If you try to put the FIDO one on a Rogers phone and vice versa, it won't work.
  21. supadupaflyguy

supadupaflyguy New Member

Hey guys, my acer liquid e was running on 2.1 and i tried updating it but i encountered the same problem as all of you guys. I think what we all did wrong is we probably missed a step. If you were on 2.1 eclair, you have to perform 2 updates; one for 2.1 and second is upgrade to 2.2. If you are on 2.2 froyo then you just do one update. i asked a guy at acer.ca and he said just bring it to a technician or a local store that fixes phones and they should be able to fix it. I've done that and i'm just waiting for the store's response to pick up my phone. :/

Hope this helps
  22. HaReKa

HaReKa New Member

Guys My Acer Liquid E Donot Want To Open He Come at word android and reapet it long time and donot want to open any one can help :(
  23. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

You have a bootloop.

Are you rooted? If so, get into recovery and install a new ROM or restore a Nandroid.

If not, get into recovery and flash a new bin.

To get into recovery, makte sure ur phone is charged, hold down Power+Volume Down+Camera. You should feel 3-4 vibrations. Release the three buttons. Then hold down Power+Camera. It will boot into recovery (if rooted, you probably have Malez Recovery. If not, you will see an Android robot with an ! down the middle).

To flash a new bin, find a .bin from here- Acer Liquid and Liquid E ALL ROMs bin extract collection - Android @ MoDaCo (2.2 official ROMs are on the bottom of the post) and follow the instructions from here- http://androidforums.com/acer-liquid-e/165252-acer-liquid-e-phone-guide.html (the second paragraph under Firmware Upgrades).
  24. aftab65

aftab65 New Member

please any one help me.....i tried to upgrade my acer liquid e to android 2.2 ....but unluckily it failed to upgrade..then i tried to restart my phone..but i cant .now it is not showing the acer logo ..only a screen with some green guys.how can get back android 2.1..any please help me..
  25. creedux

creedux New Member

Hey guys im new here and im having serious problem with my liquid-e. It wont reboot, restore, load to the main screen ... NOTHING ! all it will do is freeze at the android screen ( green guys ) anyone know what to do ? HELP ! I have a feeling it lost some of its main loading files