1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How To Fix Samsung Captivate Screen

1. repairsuniverse

repairsuniverse Well-Known Member

This written repair guide will assist you in replacing the screen on your Samsung Captivate i897. This guide will take your through each step by step teardown, from screw removal, to flex cables, main board, and etc.

This guide will help you install the following Samsung Captivate i897 part (s):
    • Samsung Captivate LCD + Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
    • And Other Samsung Captivate i897 Parts

Tools Required:
    • Safe Open Pry Tool
    • Small Phillips Screwdriver

Samsung Captivate i897 take apart/repair guide:
    • Start first by removing the back cover, the battery, the sim card, and SD card from the phone.

[​IMG]
    Figure 1​
    • Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the six (6) screws on the back housing. Two screws are quite difficult to remove, located at the bottom of the device. You need first to gently pull up in the middle of the battery latch and then pull out; it must slide out relatively easily. The final two (2) screws can now be removed.
    • Begin prying the screen out from the edges first at the bottom end of the phone. The bezel and the back cover of the phone are all one piece around the screen. You don

Advertisement
    :
    neilfries likes this.
  2. timmavouris

timmavouris Member

Thank you RepairsUniverse. A very helpful guide to repair a damaged phone.
  3. repairsuniverse

You're Welcome. Glad to help!
  4. repairsuniverse

If anyone is having trouble with this written guide, we have also made a repair guide video for this device. The video can be viewed on our website, a link to the site can be found below in our signature.