How To FIx Samsung Nexus S Screen

1. repairsuniverse

repairsuniverse Well-Known Member

Using this take apart repair guide, you can repair the damaged screen or other internal part on your Samsung Google Nexus S quickly and safely.

This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Google Nexus S replacement parts:
    • Samsung Google Nexus S Screen Assembly Replacement
    • Other Samsung Google Nexus S Parts

Tools Required:
    • Safe Open Pry Tool
    • Small Phillips Screwdriver
    • Adhesive Strips

Samsung Goggle Nexus S disassembly guide:
    • Remove first the back battery cover, battery, sim card, and memory card.
    • Next, remove the six (6) screws holding the back housing in place using a small Phillips screwdriver as shown in Figure 1.

[​IMG]
    Figure 1​
    • Pry the back housing away from the rest of the phone using safe pry tool. It is clipped into place so cautiously work way around to all edges with the safe pry tool.
    • Three (3) Small Phillips screws holding the motherboard in place that is needed to be removed. Also there will be two (2) flex cables that is needed to be released. Simply lift using safe pry tool since these are just simple pop connectors.

[​IMG]
    Figure 2​
    • Safely removed the motherboard.
    • The screen assembly and the front case are now left. Use hair dryer or heat gun and heat the outside edges of the outer screen for about 45-60 seconds. Apply quick movements and don

Advertisement
    :
  2. timmavouris

timmavouris Member

I'm glad I found this guide. Very helpful. Thanks for sharing.
  3. BecomingDeath

BecomingDeath Active Member

I've dropped my nexus s so many times and my screen is still scratch free 20 months later. Made me feel like this phone was indestructible lol.
  4. repairsuniverse

They're pretty sturdy. But then there are those people that drop it once and the screen shatters.. Hah what ya gonna do.
    BecomingDeath likes this.
  5. repairsuniverse

You're very Welcome!