• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to FIX TWRP BootLoop. (EASY METHOD)

ChangeOfJinzo

Aug 27, 2015
Ohio
Hai everyone~ It seems people are getting BootLoops from TWRP, and a few other reasons. I though that i would post something i found a long time ago in hopes it will help you out.

DISCLAIMER: This should not cause any problems and its completely safe but just in case, im NOT held responsible for anything you do. Whatever you do is your fault. DO NOT FLASH THINGS YOU DO NOT KNOW 100% WILL WORK OR ARE NOT SURE IT WILL WORK WITH YOUR DEVICE. That being said, here you are.

Credits: @shimp208 on XDA for Minimal ADB and Fastboot
@filmaker on XDA for Desktop ROM Flasher

DIRECTIONS: This is very simple. I will be linking two things. These are two small and safe files to get your device back in working condition. 1. Download
[TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot. ( You should have this already downloaded since you are in the rooting forums anyway)
&
[Utility] Desktop Rom Flasher.

Install these two files. Open ADB and Fastboot first and let it install it system wide (takes less than a minute) then the Desktop Flasher. BAM, you are done. Connect your phone while its Bootlooping and drag and drop the files to Desktop Flasher. (THE FILES YOU WANNA DRAG AND DROP SHOULD BE TWRP 2.8.7.0) (while you are at it, you can flash CM12,1 or 13 if you want)

DOWNLOADS: [TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790

[Utility] Desktop Rom Flasher: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2383148

HOPE YOU ENJOY!

Last edited:
While it's bootlooping? That doesn't sound right... Don't you need to boot into download mode? Trying to install a file while it's actively rebooting sounds like asking for trouble.
Doesnt do anything wrong, tried this so many times on my phone. while it bootlooping twrp, just drag and drop twrp 2.8.7.0 and itll force boot into twrp and flash it.

Reactions: bg4m3r
Upvote 0
While it's bootlooping? That doesn't sound right... Don't you need to boot into download mode? Trying to install a file while it's actively rebooting sounds like asking for trouble.

I've done this too, what is happening is ADB is running during the bootloop of TWRP v3.0.0. It's not quite a full boot loop, it's more like something is crashing just before TWRP v3.0.0 is able to completely load. Because of this the Rom Flasher utility above is able to connect via ADB to flash the old recovery. It's basically a nicer GUI version of my tutorial I posted here http://androidforums.com/threads/ju...or-g2-mini-sources.977839/page-6#post-7281141

Reactions: neologix
Upvote 0
I've done this too, what is happening is ADB is running during the bootloop of TWRP v3.0.0. It's not quite a full boot loop, it's more like something is crashing just before TWRP v3.0.0 is able to completely load. Because of this the Rom Flasher utility above is able to connect via ADB to flash the old recovery. It's basically a nicer GUI version of my tutorial I posted here http://androidforums.com/threads/ju...or-g2-mini-sources.977839/page-6#post-7281141
Thanks for typing that XD i wanted to so i could explain to him but im just to busy with CM13 build right now. Thanks for understanding. thats why i pinned adb and fastboot above also

Upvote 0
Plus mine is noob proof just in case. Someone with your explanation with do something wrong and not follow your directions.

Upvote 0
Right, I was worried of that. I'm glad you posted the Rom Flasher utility.
after seeing so many cases, i couldn't keep it to myself. i wanted to help people when i saw it but never had the time to make a post so people would understand because i just couldn't link them to it cause they wouldn't of figured it out lol

Reactions: ShapeShifter499
Upvote 0
I'm going to try this tonight. So is there any harm in having phone in download mode and follow this procedure or do I just turn phone on let it TWRP bootloop and then do this procedure?

thanks OP for posting this, I'll let ya know if it worked.
While it bootlooping/crashing before twrp, just drag and drop twrp file to flash. Thats what i do. Good Luck

Upvote 0
Doesnt do anything wrong, tried this so many times on my phone. while it bootlooping twrp, just drag and drop twrp 2.8.7.0 and itll force boot into twrp and flash it.

Ah... Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Reactions: ShapeShifter499
Upvote 0
Guys. I have the TWRP 3.0 reboot problem. The Desktop Flasher uses zip files. I can only find twrp 2.8.7.0 as an image file. Where can I find a zip file?

Cant recall exactly but pretty sure I used 2.8.7.0 image file just had to do procedure a few times to get to work. I too was about to give up then all of a suddent it worked. Play with it some more it will eventually work just need it to work once :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones