How To Fix Your Loose At The Bottom Screen And Seal The Light Leak..Tips

Last Updated:

1. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

HTC now has an in store fix for the flying screen syndrome but you can do this at home. Take a credit card or similar type of item and wedge it in between the screen and the phones frame lifting the screen bottom as much as you can without causing further lifting damage. Then remove the battery door and locate the two holes in the photo with the tooth picks. Put a couple drops of crazy glue in each hole then remove the credit cards and quickly clamp the screen down for about a half hour. Clothes pins might work as make shift clamps try therm before starting. If you can get your screen up enough to put the crazy glue tip directly under the screen you can do this also but use very little glue and dot it maybe 4 times across the area for a good even hold then clamp. I would tape off the screen and phone frame just in case some leaks out by accident doing this method.

Once the screen is secure use automotive black silicone adhesive sealant I like Permatex brand found at WalMart (now this stuff can also be used to glue the screen down but will take longer to dry 12 hours put it on a tooth pick and shove it under the lifted screen bottom then clamp) You can take this black silicone and dab a small amount around the screen crack and with your finger or a q tip force it in the light leak crack then simply take a tissue and wipe off any excess silicone before it sets you will have no damage to the phone from spilling it just wipe it off. You should now just have a tiny bit shoved in the crack with all the rest wiped off. let it set and you are done!

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      492 KB
      Views:

Advertisement
    echoota likes this.
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Or call sprint and get a replacement. If the screen is coming apart, that is a manufacturer defect and is covered by the warranty.

3. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member

+1. Great fix for someone who bought the phone used but no way would I fix a manufacturing defect within the 1 year warranty period.

4. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

Well some people might want to fix there new phone instead of swapping it out for a used refurb fixed phone.

5. Decus22

True..True.. It wasn't very hard talking the rep into giving me a new Droid when my keyboard crapped out but that was Verizon. Haven't had to deal with sprint yet about warranty issues.

6. joshyone

joshyone Member

that crap sounds like some tweeker fix, but i can tell you this, sprint it way better than Verizon, or frontier or whatthe**** ever they are calling themselves, and if anyone knows anything about crazy glue, they know it f%$ks up glass and leaves a gnarly film. you would be amazed how terribly you could mess up your device, being stupid and trying something like that out.

DON'T BE DUMB!!!

7. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Decus... what's a Droid Evo 4g? Is it some new Evo with a slideout keyboard now?

8. Decus22

LoL...No man I had the Motorola Droid on Verizon before I acquired the new love of my life and IMHO the best phone made to date!

P.S. Fixed it! Damn commas! :D

9. FrostyD

FrostyD Active Member

I called Sprint about my screen separation and they said they will have a new one at my door within a week with a kit for sending back the defective one. Maybe if i was several months into the phone i would try this, but if its new there's really no reason to.