How to Flash 5.9.905 GB, 6.7.246 ICS or 98.72.22 JB with Rsdlite

Last Updated:

1. dante2011

dante2011 Member

Okay, I got another battery and now the main screen says battery good.

It also registers with my desktop. I will need to dig up an original cable to make sure everything is on board. Then i will use a new desktop, back usb, stock cable, and a fresh battery. Hopefully this will work

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

It won't charge in fastboot. Send me a pm if you need help. If you are using a desktop use the the USB ports in the back.
  3. dante2011

dante2011 Member

Got it. just took a bit. new desktop, back usb port, seems to work for the moment. I will go thru all the setup now.

Thanks for the help
  4. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

I have plenty of cheap, ebay purchased cables tucked away around the house, in the car and at work that I use to charge. But I would NEVER trust them for use when flashing the phone. Unless you are absolutely stuck and have no other option it's just not worth the risk. :cool:
    keeham likes this.
  5. keeham

keeham New Member

Awesome. Was previously frustrated with the contacts FC issues associated with deleting yahoo authenticator files. After multiple failed attempts of almost every method for remedy, the system had become very unstable. This worked beautifully without a hitch. Major thanks.
  6. girlyoski

girlyoski Member

I'm a lil confused. I downloaded the Motorola driver 64 bit, rsdlite and the 5.5.893. I think the file for 5.5.893 is the one giving me the problem. It doesn't show the file I guess I need so I can do the unroot. This first droid and the first one I decide to root now I'm kinda regretting my decision.
  7. OutOfPhase

What file are you looking for?
  8. girlyoski

girlyoski Member

The 5.5893? Here is the thing I rooted my phone and now I need all that bloatware back so I can update to .902. So I follow all the steps all the way till step 11. On step 12 where is says "12. navigate to the 5.5.893 file location and select that file." it doesn't give me the option to select that file. When I click on the "..." it shows me VRZ_XT8...." file. What am I doing wrong?
  9. OutOfPhase

If it say's VRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml that's the 5.5.893 file just in moto terms
  10. girlyoski

girlyoski Member

[​IMG]

Where do I go from there?
  11. OutOfPhase

12. girlyoski

girlyoski Member

Can't find a way to load it. But yes it does say "VRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml". Do I click start and follow the rest of the steps?
  13. OutOfPhase

yes. select uncompress and start flashing
  14. girlyoski

girlyoski Member

Okay thanks! Sorry for bothering, I just wanna make sure I don't do something and then have to pay for another bionic.
  15. OutOfPhase

No problem, that's what the forums for. If you need help and don't get an answer here right away send me a pm.-
  16. OutOfPhase

Added 5.9.902 FXZ file
    a32guy likes this.
  17. a32guy

a32guy New Member

Thanks for this, worked great for me!
  18. OutOfPhase

Both FXZ links are down for 24hrs. Apparently Sugarsync does not like it when a 250gb is download in one day, from one file, from my account. The 5.9.902 might be down longer until I can upload it again.
  19. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

Ouch!
  20. DrPowercat

DrPowercat New Member

Would the steps described in the first post of this thread work to help me update from 5.5.886? If not does anybody have any suggestions or advice?

I bought my Bionic from a 3rd party and have been unable to install the 5.5.893 update. I am assuming the person I bought it from removed some bloatware files and when it looks for those files, the update installation stops, the phone reboots and I get a message that the update fails. I have tried doing a factory reset, but that did not help. I have read that does re-install the missing files. I have enough knowledge to be dangerous with this, so I would welcome any and all step by step directions to help get this phone updated. It works fine, I would just like to be able to update it and make it work even better.
    Thanks in advance.
  21. OutOfPhase

Yes this will work for you. You can flash the 5.9.902 right over 5.5.886
  22. DrPowercat

DrPowercat New Member

Thank you. This worked flawlessly. My phone is now updated to .902 and works great.:)
  23. AurJohn

AurJohn Well-Known Member

Anybody have a working link to the 902 fxz ??
  24. OutOfPhase

It's not working?

They are all up and working now.
  25. AurJohn

AurJohn Well-Known Member

Right on, thank you